How far into the process can I go at 8 am?

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
How far into the booking process can I go to wait for the clock to switch from 7:59 to 8:00 am?

This morning I entered the dates/resort/room size, clicked "Check Availability", had the availability calendar open with the dates selected (all were available); clicked "continue" when the clock rolled to 8am and received the message I was outside of my booking windows.

Restarted the process and the room was gone.

Did I go too far into the process?

If this was at 7 months, wait a week and try again, the walkers will be moving on and you might just get what you want. Wait list now and keep checking. Good luck.

If this was at 7 months, wait a week and try again, the walkers will be moving on and you might just get what you want. Wait list now and keep checking. Good luck.
Never even thought about that. Always forget about the walkers

I understand the process of walking but want to make sure I'm using the website properly to optimize my chance of getting the reservation.

Once someone starts their walk they're typically not modifying at 8 am on the dot.

I've been watching the availability calendar for about a week now and it remains the same, 8 am and current date disappears. Nothing prior opening up, either.

I experienced the same problem yesterday at 8:00 am; same thing two days in a row makes me think I went too far in the process.

I think you have to wait to hit check availability. When you do that prior to 8 then you would be in essence securing the room prior to the opening. But, keep checking. Earlier today the room I wanted at VGF was not there for all-nighter. Just now, I got them. My feeling is that someone who owns there did some modifying and that’s why it became available.

I was trying to get something a few weeks ago, my impression was that "Disney 8:00" was about 10 seconds after my iphone said it was 8:00 on the same screen OP is talking about. Hope that helps!

I have done exactly what you did and had success. I think you may have just been a second too early by their clock.

Today, when the clock rolled to 8:00 am I counted 1-Mississippi 2-Mississippi, clicked "check availability" and got the room. Can't tell if it was the 2-second delay or waiting at "check availability" ... But, I'm happy! Checked a few minutes later and the night of the 17th was booked.

So, DVC potential buyer here...is this common (availability, booking right at opening window) to book something at 7 months out or 11? Maybe 7 months and high demand or just 7 months in general?

So, DVC potential buyer here...is this common (availability, booking right at opening window) to book something at 7 months out or 11? Maybe 7 months and high demand or just 7 months in general?

Booking studios is fierce, larger rooms are significantly easier to get. March is a popular time to visit with all the school vacations and SWGE opening. I'm renting out these points and the requested resort is BWV in a studio.

Buy where you want to stay. Seriously, this is more important than ever. Our points are HHI, purchased in 2001, the 7-month window has not been an issue but we rarely stay in studios and really like OKW and SSR! We are contemplating selling one of our HHI contracts and buying a smaller BRV, because I see the 7-month crush only getting worse and worse and worse and worse. My estimated projections show it's just about a wash over the next 21 years. We'd be happy at BRV every other December!

There's an 11-month crush for Fall Frenzy at CC Studios. Fierce stuff going on!

These boards are invaluable in making an informed decision! Don't hesitate to ask anything.

Thanks Cruisin5! Yes, the CC studio frenzy is one of the reasons I’m not interested in that resort. Thanks for the info. Helps so much with realistic expectations. I’m trying to buy where I want to stay buy I’m still worried about studio availability even with the 11 month window. I also like last minute trips so I’m trying to buy a small amount of points where one trip a year is preplanned and the last minute ones are by cash (and maybe I have two home resorts). Probably start with one though at first just in case it’s not for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!