How far is the monorail station from the resort buses at Epcot?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Polynesian and would like to ride the Skyliner if it reopens in a few weeks. I was thinking about taking the monorail to Epcot and then a bus to Beach Club for some ice cream and then walking to the Sklyliner. Any better suggestions?

Just to be clear, the route would be: bus to DHS, Skyliner to CBR, transfer to Skyliner to Epcot, walk to Beach Club or Ample Hill.

First off - I believe Ample Hill is at Boardwalk. I'm thinking they may want Beaches and Cream.

Depends on where you want to be after having ice cream. I like Katieeldr's suggestion, especially if you want to go to Epcot afterwards. If you want to end up at HS, I'm thinking it may be easier to go to TTC from the Poly and catch a bus from there to BC - but I'm not sure if that exists. If it does then after the ice cream take the Skyliner from IG to CBR and tranfer to the one going to HS. If you are not going to a park after, then after the ice cream I'd take the boat from BW to HS then a bus at HS back to the Poly.

I should note that I believe the boat ride from BW to HS would take less than half the time it would take doing the Skyliner routes to get to HS.

Last edited:

Thanks for the help and suggestions! We will not have park tickets this trip which is why I was hoping to take a bus to Beach Club. The Beaches and Cream was just an added perk!! lol

Is there any way to get from the monorail stop at Epcot to IG for the Skyliner?

Thanks for the help and suggestions! We will not have park tickets this trip which is why I was hoping to take a bus to Beach Club. The Beaches and Cream was just an added perk!! lol

Not without going through the park. Take monorail to MK and bus to BC from there.

I'm thinking it may be easier to go to TTC from the Poly and catch a bus from there to BC - but I'm not sure if that exists.
You're right - said bus doesn't exist :D OP would have to monorail or ferry to MK to catch that bus.
Well, you could monorail to Epcot, then bus from Epcot to DHS, then walk or take a Friendship (boat) to IG.

There are buses from Epcot to DHS. If you're objective is to ride both the Epcot Monorail & Skyliner, you could take a bus from Epcot to DHS. Or you could take a bus from Epcot to one of the Skyliner resorts.

Would that be AoA, Caribbean Beach, or Pop?
Yes.

CBR has multiple stops, but you won't need to transfer on the Skyliner. I think Jamaica is the closest bus stop.

Pop & AoA each have a single bus stop, but you will have to transfer between Skyliner lines at CBR. But you get to enjoy the Skyliner glide above Hourglass Lake.

DHS has the shortest walk between the bus stops & the Skyliner, but you will also have to transfer at CBR.

Most of the time, there is very little wait time transferring at CBR.

Honestly, the gondola really isn’t worth all that trouble.... it wasn’t a very long ride and the view was mostly the back of Epcot and the road.

Maybe take a Lyft to the Beach Club and take the Skyliner to CBR and then HS. I think you can hop on a bus to the Poly from HS without going through the park.

How much time should we allow if we want to ride the entire skyliner route? I know that you have to get off and reboard at each stop but have no idea how much time to figure in for that!

I'm going to assume the OP wants to 1) ride the monorail 2) ride the Skyliner 3) have ice cream on the IG side of EP (both options are with easy walking distance of each other)

Here's what I would do from Poly 1) Ride monorail to MK 2) Catch bus to CBR
3) Ride Skyliner to the IG side of EP & enjoy the ice cream of your choice

Happy Planning!

I'm going to assume the OP wants to 1) ride the monorail 2) ride the Skyliner 3) have ice cream on the IG side of EP (both options are with easy walking distance of each other)

Here's what I would do from Poly 1) Ride monorail to MK 2) Catch bus to CBR
3) Ride Skyliner to the IG side of EP & enjoy the ice cream of your choice

Happy Planning!
Thank you for the strategy! Are you familiar with how long the bus ride is to CBR from MK? I was thinking about just taking the bus from the Poly to HS to simplify the process, but have no idea how much time to expect either bus ride to take! We are only visiting WDW for the weekend and will only have MNSSHP tickets so we have a little exploration time on our hands thus trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!