How far up in line do you get at Na’vi River Journey if you have a couple ECVs in your party?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
We are at Disney now and are going to AK tomorrow (our last day :guilty:). We have a FP+ for FoP later in the day, but up to this point our plan for Na’vi is to get to EMH very early (7-7:15am) to be toward the front of the crowd and then book it over there.

However, after experiencing several days at Disney with a group of 9 people from young to old, two in ECVs, it has been very difficult on the oldest three members getting up early day after day and going for hours at the parks. I’m trying to see if there is some leeway in our plan to maybe not have to leave our hotel as early as planned (6:45am).

The thing we have noticed at a lot of rides is that even though we had FPs, many times it seemed that simply by telling them we had 2 ECVs they would usher us to the front up where you board the ride (or at least close to it). Every once in a while they’d still have us go in the FP+ line with the ECVs (or wheelchair transfer), but it makes me wonder if some of the rides it didn’t even matter that we had the FPs since they brought us so close anyway.

What I’m wondering is, does anyone know how they do it at Na’vi? Will we automatically get ushered to the front because of the ECVs or will we be made to get in the regular standby line with the ECVs/wheelchairs?

If it’s the first choice then we may be able to get there a little later than the crack of dawn!

I am an ECV user. I am shocked by your report. ECVs usually do NOT have Front of the Line Access.
I went to the loading area in the regular line at NAVi
I’m sorry, maybe I’ve gotten mixed up. I’ve talked to so many CMs at the fronts of the lines and usually I tell them the number in our party, I do mention FPs, and that we have 2 ECVs. Sometimes I don’t get it all out before they start directing us, perhaps they did take into consideration our FPs but maybe only verbally said where to go if we had the ECVs and I took it that we didn’t need the FPs.

So if you have an ECV but need to go in the standby line, they must get you closer somehow. I know some queues are wide enough to accommodate them, but what about the ones that are too narrow? How do they get you close to the ride yet still have you wait your turn for the equivalent length of what the standby line is at that moment?

I know some queues are wide enough to accommodate them, but what about the ones that are too narrow?

The vast majority of queues st WDW are “mainstreamed” which means they accommodate wheelchairs or ECVs through both the FP+ or standby. There are a few where you may be given a “wheelchair return time” to enter through an alternate entrance, and a few that may pull you aside to an accessible path to avoid stairs. But as a general practice at WDW those using a mobility device receive no preferential boarding or bypassing of lines.

Enjoy your vacation!

The vast majority of queues st WDW are “mainstreamed” which means they accommodate wheelchairs or ECVs through both the FP+ or standby. There are a few where you may be given a “wheelchair return time” to enter through an alternate entrance, and a few that may pull you aside to an accessible path to avoid stairs. But as a general practice at WDW those using a mobility device receive no preferential boarding or bypassing of lines.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks for the info!

And just to add... all queues at AK are mainstreamed since it is new enough to be built to ADA standards.

Enjoy your vacation!

So if you have an ECV but need to go in the standby line, they must get you closer somehow. I know some queues are wide enough to accommodate them, but what about the ones that are too narrow? How do they get you close to the ride yet still have you wait your turn for the equivalent length of what the standby line is at that moment?
As others have said, you take the scooter right up through the line with everyone else.

When you make your way to the front, the scooters will pull to the side, at the direction of the cast member, and then your party will load.

We went thru the stand-by line with a wheel chair until just before you board. I did note that Navi was the hardest ride to enter for my husband and myself. It's a long step into it without any real handles to hold on to. It was difficult to get out too.

We went thru the stand-by line with a wheel chair until just before you board. I did note that Navi was the hardest ride to enter for my husband and myself. It's a long step into it without any real handles to hold on to. It was difficult to get out too.
Would you compare the boat perhaps to Pirates of the Caribbean?

My DH uses a manual wheelchair at disney. FP FOP was awful. It felt about 4 miles longs at a 45 degree slope. Even the CM member said "good luck, it a long road" First time I pushed him slowly. Very slowly. We let bunches of people go by. Second time he pushed his chair (again letting bunches of people go by ). He was exhausted by the time we got to the top. Third time, oh wait, there was no third time. We simple don't have the strength to get up the path with a manual wheelchair.

I'm surprised there isn't some side path, to get cut down on the distance.

My DH uses a manual wheelchair at disney. FP FOP was awful. It felt about 4 miles longs at a 45 degree slope. Even the CM member said "good luck, it a long road" First time I pushed him slowly. Very slowly. We let bunches of people go by. Second time he pushed his chair (again letting bunches of people go by ). He was exhausted by the time we got to the top. Third time, oh wait, there was no third time. We simple don't have the strength to get up the path with a manual wheelchair.

The line for FOP is on top of the river ride so this is why it is so steep I know you are at lest one floor up I want to say it is really 2

This thread about Pandora attractions should be able to answer your questions.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/pandora-rides.3593133/

It also has pictures, including pictures of the Na’vi River boat.
The first pages were information gathering before the attractions opened and during the previews. The last few pages are from after it opened.

The boat sits in the water about the same as the Pirates boat, but the step over the side is higher - the side of the boat seems higher.

We have been in both Na’vi River Journey and Flights of Passage multiple times with a wheelchair and saw ECVs in both.

To answer the original question about how far guests with ECVs can go in:
- both the Fastpass and Standby lines for Na’vi River Journey are accessible to the point of boarding.
The unload area is just to the right of the loading area.
When guests using mobility devices get to the boarding area, they are directed to park their mobility device in the unload area. Guests who can walk about 30 feet from where they park to the loading area can get onto the boat at the regular boarding area. Guests who can’t walk that far will Board at the unload area and can position their mobility device as close as they need it to be.

- both Fastpass and Standby lines for Flights of Passage are accessible to the point of boarding, although parts of the queue (going in and exiting) are fairly steep.
Guests using ECVs will be asked to park it right before going into the first preshow room. A CM will move it from there to an area just outside of the ride room.

Wheelchairs can be bought all the way into the ride room. After boarding, the CM will move it to an area outside of the ride room; you will be able to see that room and can either have a member of your group go to get it or a CM will bring it.

This mirrors our experience as well. Long, twisted , difficult path. The ride just isn’t worth all that

My husband and I had no problems at all with the Pirates of the Caribbean. But, the Navi is a bigger step down without anything good to grab onto to help get you out. (I have bad knees and my husband has balance issues.)

You go through the regular line. You shouldn't have to get there so early to ride Navi though. 90% of the people getting there that early will be heading toward FOP. We were there a little before opening in February with an ECV and were pretty far back in the massive line waiting to get into the land. We were one of the first on River Journey though because everyone was heading to FOP. Be careful though people will cut in front of you even when you're already in line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter