How "First Run" are the Movies???

Tony M

Remember 1999
We are lucky enough to be on Disney's "Wonder" departing June 8.
"Finding Nemo" is being released May 30.
Any chance that it might be playing onboard???

ThreeCircles....

You will be sailing the same week as me I think (May 3). Do you happen to know what movies might be playing then? I'm not even sure what will be released around that time.

I was wondering if it is only disney production movies.

Klafollette--

I'm not positive about what movies will be playing on our cruise. I know that "Bringing Down the House" should still be onboard.

The ships have first access to Disney owned movies (made by Touchstone, Miramax, Walt Disney Studios, etc.) but they also play movies made by other companies. For example, in November I was able to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" which is not owned by Disney.

So, you're on the May 3rd Eastern Magic cruise? Or are you sailing on the Wonder around May 3rd?

I saw "Holes" on the Wonder the same day it was shown on land for the first time.
You can be sure it will be playing:D

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
I know that "Bringing Down the House" should still be onboard.
For example, in November I was able to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" which is not owned by Disney.

Bringing Down the House was FUNNY! I just saw it last weekend!

We were able to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding on the Wonder in January. The theatre was PACKED! That was another very funny movie!

I love seeing movies onboard!

I wouldn't worry about it coming out or not. Usually the movies can be seen within two weeks (I think) onto the cruise. No worries!!;)

Kelly
:smooth:

Still on board the Wonder right now. (Trying to find a place to stow-away) They showed Holes, Bringin down the house, Treasure Planet, Piglet's Big Movie, The Recruit, and Shanghi Nights. I'll post all of the latest info when I arrive at home.

I have to go have breakfast with Brenton, Jorge and Eric to say good bye, so I'll see you all later.

We were on the Magic 1/2002 and saw "Snow Dogs" the week BEFORE it opened!!! They showed it in the Walt Disney Theater and told us we were the absolute first showing of the movie!!

Happy Cruisin' MNmom :jester:

my DS 9 wants to see holes, and my DW wants to see bringing down the house. now if only they are showing anger management, then that would be a hat trick.

is there even time to catch a movie?

Movies are a good alternative to the clubs. Most of the time, we're just too worn out from the busy day that we just want to sit and 'veg'. The movies are perfect!

Originally posted by Tony M
"Finding Nemo" is being released May 30.
Any chance that it might be playing onboard???

Well, we'll find out if they show it the day it is released - May 30 is the last day on our cruise.

Fingers are crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter