How goes rope dropping FOP?

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
how has rope dropping FOP been lately? How early should we get there for 9am park opening? How long is the wait usually?

Around the end of December (the 26th or 27th), I rope dropped FOP arriving at the park about 5 minutes before it opened. I brought no bag so didn't have to go through that part of the security procedure and around 10 minutes after opening was on the standby line which began about 500 yards past Island Mercantile. A CM told me there would be a 2 hour wait. It wound up being closer to an hour and a half and when the line reached the labs I was able to see without feeling rushed (LOL).

I would follow CAS239's advice :).

Has anyone rope dropped this with someone in a wheelchair? I'm worried about the crowds

We had a fastpass yesterday for FOP so we walked onto Navi river instead. Later in the day some people in the line for Dinosaur said they were here at 7:00 and they ran straight to FOP and stood in line at least an hour to 90 minutes.

We had a fastpass yesterday for FOP so we walked onto Navi river instead. Later in the day some people in the line for Dinosaur said they were here at 7:00 and they ran straight to FOP and stood in line at least an hour to 90 minutes.
Just for clarity....do you mean 7:00 AM or PM?

“They were here” can mean a lot of things when 5-10 minutes can make all the difference. Getting off bus or pulling into lot 60 minutes before is big difference than entering park or getting on line an hour before! I still vote for end of evening! We got on line 2 weeks ago at 8:45 on 9pm closing day. Posted wait - 80 minutes. Actual wait - 40.

We did a rope drop for an EHM with a 0800 start on Feb 26. We arrived by 7am. They started about 10 minutes later allowing us in for bag checks etc... Guided us to the Tree Of Life, We were there may 7 minutes, then to FOP. Takes a good 5 minutes to enter the staging area (lots to see along the way. Got through all the preps and were off FOP by 8:06am. really no boring time. Better then just waiting in line for 200 mins I had seen. Walked from FOP to Na'vi river and were done by 8:20. Then went to Comfort Station for my Starbucks addiction. I thought Rope Drop worked perfectly and we never felt like we waited to long.

Simply get there early! Be at the bus stop 90 minutes before the start. It’s an absolute goat rodeo with people running to the next stop. I myself did not care for the ride I got horribly nauseous and had to close my eyes. I even did it again thinking that would be better the second time, but just as bad. And I never ever get motion sick ever.

We followed the advice on the video during Christmas break. Get to the park entrance 60 minutes before EMH opening and you'll get both rides done by 15 minutes after actual EMH time.

“They were here” can mean a lot of things when 5-10 minutes can make all the difference. Getting off bus or pulling into lot 60 minutes before is big difference than entering park or getting on line an hour before! I still vote for end of evening! We got on line 2 weeks ago at 8:45 on 9pm closing day. Posted wait - 80 minutes. Actual wait - 40.
At the gate at7:00

We were in the AK parking lot at 7:30 on a 9:00 opening. Got to FoP very efficiently. We were not the very first at the rope by any means but we were able to walk right on.

We have FP for FoP, so we are going to do Navi River at rope drop. Do you still think we need to be there by 8:00 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. opening?

We have FP for FoP, so we are going to do Navi River at rope drop. Do you still think we need to be there by 8:00 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. opening?
Probably not--most people arriving that far ahead are going to the FoP line first. You'll want to be in early enough to beat the crowd coming off FoP and heading to Navi, which seems to start right around park opening most days (although even then people report pretty short waits).

Our experience was with EMH, so not an exact correlation, but we arrived well into EMH and Navi was still just a bit slower than walk on. Obviously on a regular park opening you're dealing with larger crowds, though.

We followed the advice on the video during Christmas break. Get to the park entrance 60 minutes before EMH opening and you'll get both rides done by 15 minutes after actual EMH time.

omg that line was unbelievable.

We are staying off site. It sounds like FOP is just for on site guests only other wise you need to plan at least 90 min to 240 min waiting to get on this ride. Sigh.

Just want to clarify for a non EMH day, is arriving, at gate, 60 min before park opening enough time?

Edit to add, we will have a double stroller. Should we add extra time because of that consideration?

We were there Friday 3/2. AK has been opening at 8am. We got there 7am but it was in the parking lot at 7am and not at the gate. We had to buy tickets and were not super rushing. They were letting people into the park well before 8am .. .at 7:30-ish there was no rush into the park so no idea when they let people in. We got (to the end of the FOP line) a little before 8am. It took us a while to find the end of the line since there was already a 90+ minute wait rising quickly to 120. We got off the ride around 10:20. We actually didn't mind the wait as the line moved fast through different areas. The staging area + ride is pretty long itself so the last 45 minutes were more like part of the experience vs just waiting.

We needed to be there at least 30 minutes earlier to avoid having an 1 hour + wait. 15 minutes earlier probably would have been the 1 hour wait mark.

We are staying off site. It sounds like FOP is just for on site guests only other wise you need to plan at least 90 min to 240 min waiting to get on this ride. Sigh.

I would just get there early and at worst a 90 minute wait would be worth it depending on your interests. DS6 loved it and he is a kid who doesn't really like many rides. He would easily wait 90 minutes again to ride it. We all really enjoyed the queue area (almost as much as the ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter