How good are the Disneyland and DCA WI-FI Hotspots?

As an international visitor I turn off data roaming when in USA. I was in in Disneyland in June 2018 and I gave up on Wifi in the parks. The only place I got decent signal was at Tomorrowland Terrace watching Jedi Training show.

I didnt buy Maxpass and had no issues using the free Fastpass, even managing to stack fastpasses in the afternoons :)

They’re terrible. Just terrible.

Error messages, alleged “connection” where then nothing will actually load...

Tomorrowland seems to work better than most of the others. The DCA ones almost never function, IME.

Is it great? No. But in certain places (such as Pizza Port/Planet and the wall near POTC/ROA) it’s decent. Is it good enough for Youtube or FaceTime? No. Why access such services in DL anyway? But to email, post pics and get Max Passes, it’s perfectly serviceable.

I just spent five straight days on it, and I didn’t notice that it was that bad. And I actually didn’t notice distinct WiFi spots. I just assumed it was everywhere throughout most of the public spaces.

The biggest things I noticed were:
-Having to switch between the hotel WiFi and the park WiFi.
-Having to remember to reactivate each network after 24 hours.
-Loosing both LTE and WiFi at a certain point in a lot of lines/rides.

I was just in the parks last week and was incredibly glad I had data roaming (international visitor) so I could use mobile data. The WiFi wasn't available in a large part of the parks, and there were a couple of times the WiFi was on but was so slow that I had to turn it off to use mobile data instead. It's very different from WDW where the in-park WiFi is very good.

(The GCH WiFi was pretty good though - but that's hotel WiFi and these days I'd expect hotel WiFi to be good and reliable in any case!)

It's patchy. I have used it for Maxpass successfully but with some frustration. Some hotspots are much better than others, e.g. outside haunted mansion and in the soarin building.

To be honest, when it comes to roaming it is best that your provider has a service which can be used in the USA. Bearing in mind my wife and I are from the UK, we subscribe to a provider called Three who do, it has to be said, have the best deals for those of us who travel. Wifi appears in general not to be available in the parks. There again, with the parks themselves being such a fun location, why be concentrating on your phone too much (except if you've got a Maxpass / Fastpass on it) ? Both parks are a decent place to take a screen break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter