How hard is it to find a resale OKW extended contract.

Bearval

DIS Veteran
Just started surfing the resale websites looking for an OKW extended contact but found none. How often do they show up?

I think they sell pretty quickly but over the past 2 months a few have popped up in an October UY specifically for under 150 points at one resale lister. I think you should download some of their apps that alert you right away when something is listed. Also would suggest calling them to have you noted as interested when one comes up.

I'd say in short it's one that might take a few months for any to pop up and would have to be quick to make an offer on, especially if a small contract.

They show up every now and then, but usually go quickly and usually sell for a little over OKW 2042. The extension makes it a good deal. Good luck. We bought a small contract at OKW direct and they upgrade them to 2057.

I was watching OKW extended for a while on the resale market and knew I only wanted to get 100 or so points at first because I don't want to be drowning in maintenance fees, etc. We love Disney, but if things get out of hand cost wise we will become every other year or every third year travelers. We ended up buying 100 points direct because we simply were not finding what we were looking for on the resale market. Plus, the difference in cost ($30-$35ish a point for a small contract) was not that big of an issue for us to become first time members. If I continued to wait & hope it actually passed ROFR if I even found something there is no guarantee I wouldn't have had to rent points again for next May, which I did not want to do.

Amazingly sometimes they are not advertised as extended. A little more than a year ago I put in an offer on a small contract at OKW thinking it was 2042 as it didn't say otherwise. It wasn't until I got the forms to sign that I found out it was extended. I thought it was a good deal for a 2042 contract and even better for extended.

Amazingly sometimes they are not advertised as extended. A little more than a year ago I put in an offer on a small contract at OKW thinking it was 2042 as it didn't say otherwise. It wasn't until I got the forms to sign that I found out it was extended. I thought it was a good deal for a 2042 contract and even better for extended.
The resale company dropped the ball on that, but it sounds like you made out. I often wondered is some resale companies did not know the difference. I would think they would do something to let people know it is an extended contract. There is one company that advertises the 2042/2057 use year possibly but you have to click on the individual contracts to see if it is 2057. Yet the mark new contracts, double points and lowered asking price.

The extended Old Key West contracts do come in somewhat regularly, but they do sell very fast as well. I would say 98% of the listings we post for Old Key West are the 2042 expirations, but 2% or 2 out of 100 have the extension....so the 2057 packages are out there. Our office does verify with Disney before listing the properties to confirm if the package is a 2042 or 2057.... so if it is an extended contract, we will list it with (EXPIRES 2057) in the description.

The extended Old Key West contracts do come in somewhat regularly, but they do sell very fast as well. I would say 98% of the listings we post for Old Key West are the 2042 expirations, but 2% or 2 out of 100 have the extension....so the 2057 packages are out there. Our office does verify with Disney before listing the properties to confirm if the package is a 2042 or 2057.... so if it is an extended contract, we will list it with (EXPIRES 2057) in the description.
On average what is the price difference between 2042 vs 2057 contracts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!