How hard is it to get a Minnie van after DHS fireworks?

westie55

DIS Veteran
My family will be doing the Star Wars Dessert party this July. We will have a preschooler and a toddler in tow. If we wanted to get a Minnie Van back to the Contemporary to avoid the crazy long bus lines at park closing, are they hard to get at that time? How does this work? How far in advance can you reserve a Minnie Van? Thanks for any info!

You can only request when you're ready to travel. You can't reserve in advance (except accessible vans, because there are only two in the entire fleet.)

As a general rule it's harder to get them after fireworks at most parks. The other thing to look at is the closing time for the other parks. So if you are heading out about the same time as Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom fireworks end it's going to be MUCH harder.

Have you considered a bubblebum seat? It is an inflatable approved booster seat- your toddler might be too small though. We use this and it enables us to ride in regular ubers and lyfts for a fraction of the cost. It is about the size of a compact umbrella and just gets thrown in the bookbag or the bottom of the stroller when we are done.

This past May, my friend and I wanted to call a MinnieVan after Fantastmic at HS, and the wait time said 45 mins. We instead opted to take a bus, and by the time the 45 mins was up, we were back at Pop getting our dinner. Its all a matter of timing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter