How hard is it...

Melissa<3Disney

DIS Veteran
To add people to your reservations? Our problem is my undependable sister is thinking about coming with us on this upcoming trip in Sept. We still have a few weeks to make ADR's, but she wont' decide if she is going yet. My question is would it be easier just to make the reservations for the people I'm positive are going or, should I just make ressie's for an extra two (my sister and her bf) and cancel those two if they decide not to come. Will this affect my times/ressies?! I'm exhausted!! :rotfl:

It's always easier to show up with fewer people rather than more people. I would book like everyone is going to be there. If they don't end up coming with you, when you check in a the restaurant just tell them that the party size is now smaller and then consider being a little extra nice to the wait staff and give them a little extra money to cover the wages that they would have made had they had the opportunity to serve a larger party size. :wizard:

I second the idea of making the ADRs with the two extra. It is harder to get a table for more than planned.

Thank you!! That's what I anticipated! Could I also call in advance and tell them to take two off our ressie? That way if they need the space it will be opened up? Or does it even matter?

from what the CM's have told me while booking, they fit the party number to the table size. 4 people = table for 4, 6 people = table for 6. I would worry that calling and dropping the number of guests may result in having to rebook your ressie with the new number of people. Then you are chancing the availability. Not sure if this would happen, but I would be careful. May be safer to just show up at the restaurant and tell them then that there's only 4. Again, this is MY opinion. I tend to air on the side of caution!

The other thought is to make two reservations - one with 4 and one with six. When your sister lets you know, cancel the one you do not need. It's really easy to make ressies online now...

good luck!

I would also just make the ADR to include your sister, and if they end up not coming, just go to your ADR, and they will let you be seated. I know you can't change the head count on an ADR, you have to cancel and re-book. I am pretty sure everyday at Disney there is someone with an ADR with few people than planned. People get sick, tired, or just don't feel like going.

The other thought is to make two reservations - one with 4 and one with six. When your sister lets you know, cancel the one you do not need. It's really easy to make ressies online now...

good luck!

I wouldn't do that. Disney doesn't approve of people double booking, and they will cancel both reservations if they notice it. Make your ADR for the larger group. It is much easier to show up with fewer people than to show up with too many.

Our last vacation, we had 3 people in our group become very ill at the end of day 1. For the next 3 days, those 3 did not dine with us; we showed up at every restaurant with 3 people less than what was on the reservation. Not once did the CM's flinch and we were never delayed in getting seated. The CM's said it happens all of the time; people get sick, cancel, whatever.

Unless it's a restaurant that requires a credit card hold, I'd book for the total maximum you think are going to be there. If they require a credit card hold, I'd book for who you know is definitely going and then tell your sister she's out of luck if you can't add her on later.

Our last vacation, we had 3 people in our group become very ill at the end of day 1. For the next 3 days, those 3 did not dine with us; we showed up at every restaurant with 3 people less than what was on the reservation. Not once did the CM's flinch and we were never delayed in getting seated. The CM's said it happens all of the time; people get sick, cancel, whatever.

Unless it's a restaurant that requires a credit card hold, I'd book for the total maximum you think are going to be there. If they require a credit card hold, I'd book for who you know is definitely going and then tell your sister she's out of luck if you can't add her on later.

Okay... good to know someone else has been through this!! I'll do that then!! Thanks everyone for your responses!! I'm sure you all know what it's like to be a planner and have to plan around others who can't make up their minds!! I love my sister.. but she's driving me crazy!! :rotfl: I don't think we are booking anyones that require credit cards. I'm looking to book Ohana dinner, ESPN zone, chef mickey's breakfast, planet hollywood dinner, sci-fi lunch, CP breakfast, BOMA, and Teppan Edo... are any of those credit card hold reservations?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter