how have peoples 7th month booking been working out?

dwight16

DIS Veteran
its that time again for me going for my 7th month window end of next week. looking at a 2 bed room at BWV. Back ups are BCV then all bets are off maybe BLT or AKL. just wanted to know how everyones 7th month booking has been going??? i hate a week before anxiety starts! hahaha

You can check now for dates 7 months from today, that will give you an idea of what's available when booking next week.

:earsboy: Bill

You will be looking for time at end of April and early May. Chances of getting BWV pool/garden view are high (it has been open at 7 months out that time of year for the last four years), standard or boardwalk view are far less likely.

We went at the end of May last year. Although I had to book the pool/garden view at BWV, I wait listed the boardwalk view and it came through less then a month after. Good luck. I remember that BCV was also available.

I just did a 7 mo booking last week at BLT during Easter week & had no issue.

I booked Animal Kingdon Lodge with Savannah view for this August at 7 months out and Vero Beach and had no problems with either. I kept checking for the dates a couple of weks prior to our arrival to see how soon they were going and made sure i was online as soon as booking opened. Home resort is BWV so book that 11 months out so not sure how 7month window is for that i'm afraid.

I did a 7 month at BWV 1 bedroom for Easter week without a problem.

Although it is a completely different time of year, I was able to get five nights (Sat-Wed) in a P/G 1BR at BWV at 7 months....for October! I had to wait list the first and last day, but they came through within a few weeks.

Up until 2014 I never had a problem with 7 month booking. Getting more difficult now and have to be ready to be flexible in choices.
A comment for the OP (not Murron) ... the greater flexibility in choices can refer to resort, unit type, view type, travel dates, etc. Beyond choosing a "large resort" vs a "smaller resort," be prepared to book a "more expensive" room option if your 1st choice isn't immediately available: 1BR vs Studio; Pool view vs Value view. Remaining flexible will greatly increase your opportunities!

I have never had an issue booking at the 7 month window. Booking closer has always been a bit more cut & paste :)

Booked four months out for mid May this year because the airfare was so enticing. Had choices available at all resorts. We booked a studio at Poly and booked daughter a studio at Bay Lake.

It's harder for the studios and smaller categories (like BWV Standard or AKV Value) and more so for certain times of year (mid-September through mid-January and any time there is a runDisney event). That time of year should be OK for any but the most limited categories.

I was able to book at Aulani for the first week in April. I booked an Ocean view, but all views were available when I booked.

Well I was booking our Aug 2017 trip to BWV over the weekend for a standard view studio and already 1 night isn't available. So that is 10 months out. Here I thought I'd have no problem. So I'm on the waitlist now for 1 night.

We will be there for Spring Break -- 4 nights starting March 30. We were originally booked in an Kidani Standard View Studio. Just for kicks, I was using the resort availability tool on Sunday and saw a BLT standard view studio for all 4 nights! We grabbed it and cancelled Kidani. That is less than 6 months out for Spring Break. We are excited about being close to MK and a monorail away from Epcot for that short visit. We are not concerned about the view, since we don't plan on spending much time in the room.

We had no trouble getting a 1BR at BCV last July 10 for 6 nights at the 7 month mark. Hoping to do the same for this summer's trip! We have been pretty lucky at the 7 month mark, although I have not tried near park resorts for the more difficult times of the year (F&W, early December). We are happy with our Kidani/Jambo home for those trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter