How hot is the last week of June? Bearable? What about Rain?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
First ever trip to WDW and going the end of June into first week of July.
We're from Southern California, so we know about high heat days and have experienced many at our own Disneyland, but understand the humidity is worse. My biggest fear right now is the rain and/or humidity will ruin our trip.

Advice or help or info?

It doesn't say where you are from but I'm from about 80 miles due west of WDW. It's hot. and very humid at the end of June. Rain is a given as you are planning to come right at rainy season. Now rainy season in FL is usually only about an hour ish everyday in the afternoon between 3-6 pm. If you plan for it, it's easy to manage.
But the heat is a real thing. Typically in the 90's everyday with humidity levels near 90%.
As a local, I don't go to the parks from June until the end of Sept. It's just too hot for us.

To be honest, it's getting intensely hot sooner and sooner. I started avoiding the parks in May last year and didn't come back until after Thanksgiving. I'd rather deal with rain than hot and humidity. You can always be prepared with umbrellas, or ponchos, or if you really do not care, or unsure of the rain, you can just make sure your electronics are in a tightly sealed plastic bag so when you're out and about and if you get wet at least your phone isn't. You can always find something indoors to do in the meantime if you're unprepared, or just don't wanna deal and wait it out. Also, rain stirs people away from the parks.

In terms of other than hot and humidity, the only thing to worry about would be hurricanes, not rain. Which as a Floridian if I was caught anywhere I'd rather it be WDW, it would be paradise compared the typical hurricane experience and safest to be, but for someone coming here for vacation it wouldn't be the best.

The few times I've gone out while hot and humid I used a cooling towel, had an insulated backpack of ice water and frozen water bottles, and use an umbrella to keep the sun off. When I felt my towel getting warm I'd adjust it to another area (as sometimes that area would just be getting used to it), or I'd pour more ice water on it. I typically didn't squeeze too much water out, as it helps make it last longer the wetter it is.

First ever trip to WDW and going the end of June into first week of July.
We're from Southern California, so we know about high heat days and have experienced many at our own Disneyland, but understand the humidity is worse. My biggest fear right now is the rain and/or humidity will ruin our trip.

Advice or help or info?

I grew up in LA and have experienced many days at Disneyland with temps over 100 (107 being the highest). As hot as that was, it doesn't begin to compare to how miserable 93 degrees and 95% humidity can be at WDW if you're not used to it and don't know how to deal with it. Best I can say is be prepared. Plan on frequently doing indoor stuff to get your core temperature down. Stay hydrated. Take things slowly. Remember, that unlike Disneyland, it won't cool off when the sun goes down.

Rain will generally happen every day, but it's in the form of a 2pm shower that lasts maybe 15 minutes. Pray for these, as after the shower, the humidity is reduced for awhile and there is a period of relief. But it doesn't last long. Rain in June in Orlando is nothing like rain in Southern California - it will not be an all day event. Just deal with it and move on.

Only you can ruin your trip. It will be hot, it will be uncomfortable, it may rain periodically, but with a little planning and great attitude it'll still be a lot of fun.

Steve

We have found June to be pretty humid and generally quite rainy. I’m not a fan of humid weather, but it’s pretty humid here in southeastern PA in the summer, so it’s not unfamiliar (although I am generally not outside in it all day and Florida’s humidity + high temps are 🥵!). But when you have kids and grandkids and school and sport team commitments, visiting in summer often becomes the norm. We deal with it.....it’s WDW after all! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter