How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Trish, I'm glad your trip ended on such a high note! That bus picture of your two sweeties is adorable. I'm so glad I get to hop right over to a new PTR!!

(Guess what? We were going to be offsite at Windsor Hills for our upcoming trip in April, and are now going to be at the Poly for the week!! :banana: I'm so excited and thought you would understand! :love:)

Looking forward to another amazing report!! Thanks for sharing your family and the ups and downs with us!

Sara

What??!!! Sara, I remember when you told me with a sniff that you weren't going to be at the Poly this trip. I can't believe it! Although I have never stayed there, I know Windsor Hills. It is right next door to where we stayed in 2007. But I am sure we can both agree that Windsor Hills (or anywhere for that matter) is no Poly!!!:laughing:

Congrats and yipeeeee!!! So happy for you Sara!:woohoo:

Trish,
I loved reading about your trip even though every moment didn't go as planned :goodvibes. I loved all the souvenirs you picked up! I'm so happy you are going back in October :banana: maybe our dates will overlap. We going over the kids fall break from school. They have a 4 day weekend so we are going to pull them out of school the other 3 days. We are hoping to stay at Poly or maybe Beach Club. I can't wait to hear what you will plan for your next trip.

Thanks so much Nichole!:goodvibes And yes, girl...our trips will indeed overlap, but unfortunately we will be at OKW when you are there - not the BC. We don't leave until Oct.10 - Columbus Day. You know we need to meet up at some point!;)

I truly enjoyed your report! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I hope your next trip is great!

Thank you so much!:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really enjoyed your highs, not so much the lows, and seeing your family pictures. Looking forward to your next one! princess::upsidedow

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you on the PTR!:)

I always enjoy seeing what everyone brings home from the parks. I really like that Imagineering book. We made need that one.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Headed over to your PTR now!

Hey Jackie...I highly recommend that Imagineering book. Maybe you can throw a direct hint to Charles if he is in need of any gift ideas!;)

Great report, Trish!
I may have to look into getting some of those books in August.
And I'm happy that your trip ended on a positive note. I'm sure your next trip will be completely different, especially since you're traveling with friends.

Thank you Jennifer. I think you are entirely right about the addition of our friends. They are the absolute easiest, most pleasant people to travel with, and I think we are going to have a blast. :goodvibes

:lovestruc Loved your report Trish!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing yourself, your beautiful family and this great trip report with us. You are a super sweet, extremely patient woman...I could learn a thing or two from you.:goodvibes I almost hate to see it end but I am excited about your new PTR...you will be seeing me over there. :)
You have inspired me to try the HOB Gospel Brunch next trip...it sounds delicious and fun.

TTFN:wave2:
Darlene

Thanks Darlene!:goodvibes I really appreciate it, and look forward to "seeing" you over on the PTR!:goodvibes

So sad your trip report is over. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. But congrats and yay on another 11 night trip for you and your family! Enjoy all the planning.

I am now going to head over and read your PTR, my first PTR as I usually only read the actual reports.

Wow...your first PTR? I am honored!:flower3: Thank you so much for posting, and see you over on the PTR!:)

You got some great souvies Trish, I really love the books!

I'm so glad that you decided to go ahead and write this report, there were many more good points than bad. Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful family!!

Heading over to check out the PTR now :thumbsup2

Thanks Michelle!!!:) I also can't wait to hear all about your upcoming cruise! I have it in my head we will be taking one in 2013, so you can tell me all about it! Hopefully Don and Chris will find it more relaxing than the parks!;)

Thanks for the report! Loved the pictures, want to come along with us for our April trip and play photographer:banana:

We are staying at the BC so the kids and I enjoyed the pool pictures. Can't wait!

Hmmmm....come along with you to WDW and play photographer? No arm twisting required - I would love to!:laughing: April will be here for you before you know it....whooo hooo for Stormalong Bay!!!:yay:

I love the idea of buying books in the countries! I bought the same post it notes...I use them at work...makes me smile just to look at them.

Looking forward to your PTR!

Great ending to a wonderful TR Trish!:thumbsup2 I have completely enjoyed myself while reading along and have already signed on for your PTR!

I'm glad this trip had more good memories than bad too. I think you handled your disappointment well and had a great time despite those little bumpy patches.

I LOVE all of your souvenirs! Especially the books and DVD you bought. I checked online and can't find those books anywhere though. Ebay has some but they're used. Bummer! I am making it a point to buy them when we go back for certain! I already have this one from Amazon which I love:
61wLLys00dL._SS500_.jpg

Love your bag too! I was debating purchasing the new 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke and now wish I had! Ugh, looking back I really didn't buy myself much of anything while we were there. I need to remedy that for next trip.:laughing:

I hope the planning is going well for your upcoming Oct. trip. You're so lucky to be going during the 40th anniversary.:goodvibes

I also can't wait to hear all about your upcoming cruise! I have it in my head we will be taking one in 2013, so you can tell me all about it! Hopefully Don and Chris will find it more relaxing than the parks!;)

I get 2 nights at AKL before the cruise too! :banana: We aren't going to the parks at all, just going to hang out at the resort and hit up DTD. I'm hoping to show Don the more relaxed side of Disney on this trip so that, just maybe, he won't be so opposed to return visits. :thumbsup2

If things ever calm down around here I'm going to start a PTR for the cruise, I'll let you know when I do.

I love the idea of buying books in the countries! I bought the same post it notes...I use them at work...makes me smile just to look at them.

Looking forward to your PTR!

I just love shopping in France. It is my favourite place to shop in all of WDW!:love:

Great ending to a wonderful TR Trish!:thumbsup2 I have completely enjoyed myself while reading along and have already signed on for your PTR! I'm glad this trip had more good memories than bad too.

I LOVE all of your souvenirs! Especially the books and DVD you bought. I checked online and can't find those books anywhere though. Ebay has some but they're used. Bummer! I am making it a point to buy them when we go back for certain!

Love your bag too! I was debating purchasing the new 40th anniversary Dooney & Bourke and now wish I had! Ugh, looking back I really didn't buy myself much of anything while we were there. I need to remedy that for next trip.:laughing:

I hope the planning is going well for your upcoming Oct. trip. You're so lucky to be going during the 40th anniversary.:goodvibes

Thanks so much, and thanks for reading!:)

Too bad you can't get those books online...now you already know what you want to buy when you return!;) I love the D&B 40th Anniversary bags too! However, I assure you that my little bag was a far cry from the D&B prices!:laughing: I think it was all of $28 or something in that range!;)

great trip report! Luvin all the pics!

Thank you!:goodvibes

I get 2 nights at AKL before the cruise too! :banana: We aren't going to the parks at all, just going to hang out at the resort and hit up DTD. I'm hoping to show Don the more relaxed side of Disney on this trip so that, just maybe, he won't be so opposed to return visits. :thumbsup2

If things ever calm down around here I'm going to start a PTR for the cruise, I'll let you know when I do.

Michelle...I really think you are right....expect that you will see a huge change in Don this trip. I bet when you are on the bus to the port after spending 2 days out of the parks he is going to make a comment like, "Gee...too bad we didn't get to ride Everest" or something like that. If he is anything like Chris, I will take bets on it!;)

I agree completely...you will have a much easier time convincing him to return for the next trip after he sees how relaxing this trip will be...and also realizes how much he missed the Parks this time!:laughing:

I know that I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR. I'm so sorry that your husband doesn't enjoy Disney as much as you and your children do but at least he is willing to go with you. My husband has no desire to go with me and the kids, so I've now gone twice without him, which is okay too. Your kids are beautiful and it does seem that over all, it was a wonderful trip in spite of your husband's ideas about it. Now I'm heading over to you PTR to see how this trip shapes up.:)

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! I'm looking forward to starting on your PTR. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!:goodvibes

I know that I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your TR. I'm so sorry that your husband doesn't enjoy Disney as much as you and your children do but at least he is willing to go with you. My husband has no desire to go with me and the kids, so I've now gone twice without him, which is okay too. Your kids are beautiful and it does seem that over all, it was a wonderful trip in spite of your husband's ideas about it. Now I'm heading over to you PTR to see how this trip shapes up.:)

Thank you so much. You are right...everything told, the highs and the lows, it really still was an excellent trip. And I am hoping that the next one is even better!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter