How is DAS pronounced?

dooley

Earning My Ears
Since we will need to ask for it everywhere...do they say out the letters (d - a -s) or is it das sounds like mass?

Ask anyway you want sometimes I just ask for a return time some time DAS ( or really daz as my s then to sound like z when at the end of some word) some times D A S bit not that often the CM all know what I mean

At DLR, we pronounce it like the Dazs in Haagen Dazs (Dahs). I've never heard a guest or CM pronounce it to rhyme with mass. But lots of people just ask for a disability pass or a return time.

Last edited:

I actually hardly every use the DAS phrase. I normally just go up and to the CM and say, "I need to see about getting a return time". The CMs so far seem to understand I need a DAS return and scans the MB or ticket, or phone if in DLR. Then the CM generally confirms the name of the person holding the DAS and the names of the individuals riding with the DAS holder on that attraction.

I actually hardly every use the DAS phrase. I normally just go up and to the CM and say, "I need to see about getting a return time". The CMs so far seem to understand I need a DAS return and scans the MB or ticket, or phone if in DLR. Then the CM generally confirms the name of the person holding the DAS and the names of the individuals riding with the DAS holder on that attraction.

I've always called it the D-A-S, but when we were at WDW last month, a CM at a ride pronounced it so it rhymed with mass. That was the first time I'd heard it from a CM that way. When we go to GS, we usually ask for "disability assistance" and at rides we just as for a return time, so it's not often I either say DAS out loud or hear it said.

I’ve never heard it pronounced any other way than rhyming with ‘mass’ at WDW. I think people use the same ‘s’ sound as in ‘service’ since that’s the word ‘S‘ is standing for.

At attractions, the CMs should all understand if you ask for a ‘Return Time’ or a ‘Disability Return Time’.
I think that’s probably how most people ask for it.

de yay yes
Think: (but do not connect with: )
the donkey

I usually pause almost imperceptibly between those syllables, which incidentally makes it more difficult to think: as I suggested.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter