• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is Disney in June?

marcyinPA

DIS Veteran
I've only been to WDW in October, but we are thinking about scrapping our plans to go to the MD shore this June and head to Disney World instead. Are there alot of crowds once alot of the East Coast schools let out? Is this an expensive time to go? Is it REALLY hot or just moderately hot? And is there any value to arriving mid-week and leaving mid-week (say Wednesday to Wednesday, for example) Thanks in advance for answering one or all of my questions....

Marcy

We went in June of 2000. It was fabulous. We didn't think it was too hot, but we are from Texas, so it has to get real hot for us to think it's hot!!!

The crowds were so much better than I thought it would be. We were there from May31-June15. We did notice an increase the last couple of days. We also noticed Wed-Fri was not as busy as Sun-Tues. It happened both weeks we were there.

We are going again this June!:)

We were at Disney last June - about the second week of the month. Crowds were really not too bad at all - though like was mentioned before they do begin to grow the later in the month it gets.
As far as the heat goes - it was hot - but not unbearable. We are from Ohio, though, so not use to the humidity.

Well, it's a mixed bag. We've gone the first week of June in '99 & '00. The crowds are moderate to heavyish, but the parks are usually on longer hours, with parades and fireworks running everynight. The heat? It's bad. From a fellow Pa woman, think of those summer ugly days, where the heat just hits you in the face when you walk out the door, and it feels like a sauna. Ok, got the mental picture? That's Florida in summer. Everyday. Temps are in the upper 80's to low 90's, with humidity to match. Now, having said that, guess where I'm going to be in June this year? Yeppers, Disney ho. I like this time of year, most of the school crowds haven't hit yet, and parks have long hours with all the goodies going on. If you come prepared for the heat, you can do it. It's not like fall, but it's fun nontheless.

Been to WDW in June of '96, '98, '00, '01 and will be there this year as well. Sure it's hot, but if you plan your days it really is not a problem. Parks open late, crowds are OK. You'll have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter