How is Halloween Spooktacular ? Do adults/teens trick or treat?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Disney has officially priced us out for Halloween festivities this year and we have decided to add a day to our Howl O Scream tickets so we can see all of Seaworld. The Friday we will be there has Halloween Spooktacular. I saw the parade is different and there is a trick or treat trail with purchase of reuseable bag. Anything else holiday themed or fun for adults and teens? Do adults trick or treat the trail or is it mainly for the younger kids to dress up?

Disney has officially priced us out for Halloween festivities this year and we have decided to add a day to our Howl O Scream tickets so we can see all of Seaworld. The Friday we will be there has Halloween Spooktacular. I saw the parade is different and there is a trick or treat trail with purchase of reuseable bag. Anything else holiday themed or fun for adults and teens? Do adults trick or treat the trail or is it mainly for the younger kids to dress up?
We went last year with our grandsons.

You have to buy their bag to do the trick or treating, anyone with a bag can get candy, kid or adult, I don't remember the price of the bags but I feel like it was around $2 a bag.

We did not dress up but we all wore halloween themed matching T shirts and I think we were comfier than if the boys had worn costumes. It's hot! There were some themed street shows and lots of decorations, but all the boys cared about was the candy, lol!

Bags are $3.99 each this year.
Thank you! Were any adults/teens on the trail when during your visit or is it mostly for the younger kids this year? Is it worth trick or treating for the candy? We have always enjoyed our Disney Halloween party stash for weeks after our trip :)

We were there today and bought the trick or treat bags. They were $4 each. Lines were VERY long for candy and it was poorly organized. Nothing like the Disney Halloween’s we’ve done before. I wouldn’t recommend wasting time on it if you want to see most of the rest of the park.

We were there today and bought the trick or treat bags. They were $4 each. Lines were VERY long for candy and it was poorly organized. Nothing like the Disney Halloween’s we’ve done before. I wouldn’t recommend wasting time on it if you want to see most of the rest of the park.
Thanks for the feedback. Do they make it worth it at each station like Disney or is it just small things like smarties to entertain the kids? My kids are "big" but still love to trick or treat :)
Ive bee trying to read trip reports and have read everything from great to awful so it seems to vary day to day more than it should.

I have participated in Spooktacular a few times and I love the event. The lines can get a bit out of hand but that’s mainly because this event is included with your park ticket so there’s a lot of people trying to get candy. Ever since they moved the event toward the Key West and SeaWorld Rescue area it hasn’t been the same. I’ve only been once this year and I do have to say that the entertainment was amazing. The performers put their heart and soul into this event and it truly shows.

They only give a few pieces of candy each stop but there's a sign at each station saying what candy is there so you can skip ones you don't like. For me, quality over quantity, I prefer Seaworld's candy selection. Gummy bears (Haribo and another brand I like even better), Goldfish and pretzels, the cute little burger and hot dog shaped gummies, candy necklaces, more unique items. At Disney we always end up with M and Ms (which I like), and a bunch of Starburst, Skittles, and 3 Musketeers that sit around the kitchen for awhile. It does seem to be mostly kids. Some adults dress up but not anything like Disney. I usually just wear a costume t-shirt or headband and share my kids' candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter