How is the Grand Marshal for the parade picked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye Princess

DIS Veteran
I was wondering where and what time of day they chose the grand marshal for the parade? I know it can vary but was looking for an estimate. I actually don't want to try and be picked. We were picked once to be family of the day and I believe in sharing the wealth with this kind of thing so would decline if we were asked so another family could experience this.

Anyway the reason I am asking is because I'm often at the park with my two young kids by myself. They always take a nap which leaves me wandering around MK for about 2 hours. I do enjoy this time but one of the things I love most is watching others enjoy the magic. I think it would be awesome to grab a snack and relax and hope to get to see a family get chosen.

I was wondering where and what time of day they chose the grand marshal for the parade? I know it can very but was looking for an estimate. I actually don't want to try and be picked. We were picked once to be family of the day and I believe in sharing the wealth with this kind of thing so would decline if we were asked so another family could experience this.

Anyway the reason I am asking is because I'm often at the park with my two young kids by myself. They always take a nap which leaves me wandering around MK for about 2 hours. I do enjoy this time but one of the things I love most is watching others enjoy the magic. I think it would be awesome to grab a snack and relax and hope to get to see a family get chosen.

We were chosen as Grand Marshals a few years ago. We were chosen in the morning on our way to the Main Street Bakery to get our daughter a muffin. :goodvibes

My Dh and I were picked right on the corner of main street and the candy shop. I asked to look at a cm's pins, his name was Dino. We were just making small talk when we mentioned that this day was our tenth anniversary. :lovestruc

He then asked us if we were doing anything around two-ish. I wasn't picking up what he was putting down and started blathering on how we were going to get going around then to get showered up for our anniversary dinner.

Meanwhile, Dh is giving me the eyeball. I'm giving him the "whaat?" look back. That's when Dino asked us to be grand marshals for the afternoon parade. I nearly fainted. I admit, I did a little jig which Dino called the Pennsylvania happy-dance (our home state). I never thought we would get picked being just the two of us. We rode in Mickey's Limo with another family and had such a great time.

All because we stopped to look at Dino's pins. What a magical anniversary gift! :cloud9:

He was dressed in a more business casual way and not in a store/attraction uniform, but you never know. It was right after opening when we were chosen. So my advice would be to chat up officials shortly after opening. Good luck!

We were picked mid-morning (around 11ish), on Main Street, after interaction with a CM. :wizard: We also had our anniversary pins on, though I have heard that wearing the celebration pins has no factor in it.

HTH :flower3:

My Dh and I were picked right on the corner of main street and the candy shop. I asked to look at a cm's pins, his name was Dino. We were just making small talk when we mentioned that this day was our tenth anniversary. :lovestruc

He then asked us if we were doing anything around two-ish. I wasn't picking up what he was putting down and started blathering on how we were going to get going around then to get showered up for our anniversary dinner.

Meanwhile, Dh is giving me the eyeball. I'm giving him the "whaat?" look back. That's when Dino asked us to be grand marshals for the afternoon parade. I nearly fainted. I admit, I did a little jig which Dino called the Pennsylvania happy-dance (our home state). I never thought we would get picked being just the two of us. We rode in Mickey's Limo with another family and had such a great time.

All because we stopped to look at Dino's pins. What a magical anniversary gift! :cloud9:

He was dressed in a more business casual way and not in a store/attraction uniform, but you never know. It was right after opening when we were chosen. So my advice would be to chat up officials shortly after opening. Good luck!

I swear I think that was the guy that picked us too. I remember his name starting with a D and he was an older gentlemen. He too was dressed in business casual type clothes. I need to go back through my pics and look. My family and I all had patriotic shirts on for the 4th of July and my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary so we were also wearing pins. He told us we were a nice looking family and asked if he could talk to us for just a minute. I thought I was going to pass out because I was praying he was picking us to stay in the castle for the night. :scared1: But when he asked us to be marshals and that made me just as happy. We actually got to ride in the parade with the newlyweds that were picked to stay in the castle. They were a sweet couple. So fun and it is an experience we will never forget. :cloud9:

My sister and her family were picked while eating breakfast at Shades of Green. This was at least ten years ago over the Christmas holidays.

I know of someone who write to Disney requesting to be GM and they picked his family.

Zombie Thread Alert, again.

tumblr_myzv9gV5Kn1sw1476o1_500.gif

We were picked in the early morning walking up Main Street after we said good morning to a CM and she stopped us to chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter