How is this BS allowed? edited for clarity (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
The thread was created for DVC members to invite guests not DISer's who want to be let in. It doesn't violate any policy to simply post here or anywhere else of wanting to go.

"Please note that this thread only allows posts from DVC Members offering to include others as their guests. Requests to be a guest and those wanting to offer their opinion about violating DVC/DIS policy will be removed. " :flower3:

"Disers asking to be "adopted" by a DVC member is ok, offering or requesting payment for this is NOT. "

This is the kind of BS that ruins it for all. Wonder why it is more crowded? Wonder why is cost more to staff an event? Here you go.....

EDITING for clarity - DVC members are allowed to enter the MNSSHP several hours earlier than the other guests. A small perk - something DVC members discuss here quite often.

There is an active post to troll DVC members to bring them as 'adoptees' so they may enter earlier. It was shut down by the Mods last year but Foxc63 has cleverly found a way to word it and threatens to remove posts by anyone who disagrees. Sadly, she is also on the August trip thread so she is spreading this garbage there, too.

Interesting, also, because many items were being bought early (in bulk) before folks entering at the actual time could get them despite sprinting to the selling point upon entry.

I think it's unethical and poor behavior. I paid/pay many $$ for my DVC and am grateful for the perks. The guests should be registered guests staying with the members as was intended. This reminds me of the people who used to share handstamps to get into fairs. Could y'all hold the rope up, Grandma can't scoot under it.

Last edited:
I am also quite confused. Let non DISrs into what? :confused3
It has to do with MNSSHP. DVC members and up to 7 guests can get in at 2:00 PM on their party tickets. The board administrators allowed members to offer to bring dis board posters in with them last year but would not permit people to post looking for a member to do it. Looks like the practice is being resurrected for this year.

I did eventually realize that this is apparently intended as a reply to a post in a different thread about the MNSSHP -- click on "FoxC63 said" in the original post above and it will take you to that thread. Any DVC member and up to 7 of his "guests" can enter the park for the event at 2 p.m., earlier than others, and the thread relates partly to DVC Members offering to do that. I am assuming OP was intending to criticize allowing members on this to offer non-members to join them in the early entry, but that is not clear.

This is the kind of BS that ruins it for all. Wonder why it is more crowded? Wonder why is cost more to staff an event? Here you go.....
Since the post you are questioning is regarding MNSSHP which is NOT a DVC hosted event, how does DVC members getting non DVC members in a 2 pm (instead of 4 pm) make the event more crowded? Also, how does it make the event cost more to staff since the same number of guests will be attending regardless of entry time?

Since the post you are questioning is regarding MNSSHP which is NOT a DVC hosted event, how does DVC members getting non DVC members in a 2 pm (instead of 4 pm) make the event more crowded? Also, how does it make the event cost more to staff since the same number of guests will be attending regardless of entry time?
Only DVC members are allowed in earlier.

Well I’m confused. Certainly not the first time however.

It's a DIS allowed post to troll for DVC members to use their membership advantage to bring guests into an event early - a 'perk' given to DVC members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it only make it more crowded from 2-4 and only require more staff from 2-4? Possibly. The people still have to have a ticket to the event, so there aren't more people at the event itself, just possibly more people from 2-4

Wouldn't it only make it more crowded from 2-4 and only require more staff from 2-4? Possibly. The people still have to have a ticket to the event, so there aren't more people at the event itself, just possibly more people from 2-4
The number of additional guests entering at 2 instead of 4 would likely very small and shouldn't affect staffing levels.

If you feel that thread is violating forum rules, you click report on the first post.

EDITING for clarity - DVC members are allowed to enter the MNSSHP several hours earlier than the other guests. A small perk - something DVC members discuss here quite often.

There is an active post to troll DVC members to bring them as 'adoptees' so they may enter earlier. It was shut down by the Mods last year but Foxc63 has cleverly found a way to word it and threatens to remove posts by anyone who disagrees. Sadly, she is also on the August trip thread so she is spreading this garbage there, too.

Interesting, also, because many items were being bought early (in bulk) before folks entering at the actual time could get them despite sprinting to the selling point upon entry.

I think it's unethical and poor behavior. I paid/pay many $$ for my DVC and am grateful for the perks. The guests should be registered guests staying with the members as was intended. This reminds me of the people who used to share handstamps to get into fairs. Could y'all hold the rope up, Grandma can't scoot under it.
  1. FoxC63 is not a moderator and cannot remove posts
  2. GADisneyDad14 is a moderator and posted later in that thread, effectively asking that posts trolling to be “adopted” be restricted to their own MNSSHP thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ve-celebration.3729471/page-108#post-60888891
  3. Webmaster Doc posted the official disboards position on this last year and that’s the final word on it. https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ng-for-dvc-early-entry.3701576/#post-59687010
Don’t like it? Take it up with the webmasters. This is their sandbox. We play by their rules.

Last edited:
I guess I don’t see the big deal if some DVCers spread some pixie dust to other DISers and give them 2 extra hours in the MK.

Since DVC's early entry offer hasn't changed for 2019, there is no need to argue for or against the decision of the DISboards admin group. If you wish to appeal the DISboards policy, you may do so by emailing admin@wdwinfo.com

From DVC Members' website:

Early Entry to the Park
When attending this event, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!
Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!