How is traffic on Interstate 4 these days?

disneymom1

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how bad the traffic is from Downtown Disney to Orlando on Interstate 4 these days? Last time I was at WDW, the traffic was pretty bad.

I would like to do some shopping at Downtown Disney on Saturday morning before my flight home. My flight is at 12:30 and I am trying to figure out how much time I need to allow to get to the airport.

If traffic isn't bad it should only take you 20-25 minutes from DD.
But with I-4 you never know.It could take you 10 minutes to go 1 mile.You would be much better off taking the 417(Greenway) to the airport.You have to pay a ccouple $1 tolls, but it is worth it.It is never backed up.;)

I would take 536 (Epcot Center Drive) to 417 (Greenway). From Downtown Disney, make a right. After you pass the intersection with the OKW Lighthouse, the exit to 536 is right after the next overpass. After you get on 536, just stay straight, it turns into 417. Go through 2 toll plazas, $1 each, get off at Bogey Creek Exit to the Airport.

I just drove through it two weeks ago and there was no traffic at all, it took me @ 50 minutes each way to and from WDW to Sanford airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter