How long are refillable mugs good for on the dining plan?

Patelaine

Earning My Ears
It has probably been asked before but I have a question about the refillable mugs on the dining plan. Refillable mugs if purchased alone are good for 14 days. If you only purchase the dining plan for a one day stay how long are the mugs good for? Is is only the one day one 14 days? We have a split reservation - one day and then 6 days.

The mugs are all 14 days whether they’re through the dining plan or purchased separately.

You usually can pick up your mug to use the morning of check-in even if your room isn't ready, as long as you're already checked in online. On check out day, the mug will work to midnight.

It will work for 2 days, check-in thru check out.

If someone has a 5 night stay with DDP refill mug, they'll get 6 days of use.
They actually changed that a while back. You can't pick it up before your dining plan starts. But it will work for 14 days now. Not that most people have the need to take advantage of that. But for OP I can see the benefit.

They actually changed that a while back. You can't pick it up before your dining plan starts. But it will work for 14 days now. Not that most people have the need to take advantage of that. But for OP I can see the benefit.
Oh wow, thanks for correcting that. All the more reason to do split stays now :D

Actually, they seem to last for length of stay, regardless of switching resorts. We often use them for 4 weeks as that's how long we stay. We sometimes have to have them reset but at no cost.

on a side note, I'm yet to actually use a machine that has the reader turned on!

Really? We used ours at Boardwalk Bakery and tried to fill the mug while holding it and it wouldn't dispense. Took me a second to remember about the chip and that I had to put it down on the base for it to work.

Really? We used ours at Boardwalk Bakery and tried to fill the mug while holding it and it wouldn't dispense. Took me a second to remember about the chip and that I had to put it down on the base for it to work.
right, which is what it is designed to do! for some reason I think they just turned it off at the poly..but maybe its since changed

I think the All Stars turn them on and off. They were on one afternoon when no one was around. Dinner rush a few hours later, they were off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!