How long do you usually go to Disney? (Non- locals)

We started with a mere 4 days (one day at each park) well that went out the window fast! We quickly realized we love to park hop, spend extra time at our fave park (Epcot) and jump around for meals. Now I wouldn't do less than a 6 day trip (of course longer is always better, but affording that....)🤑

We like 4 nights as we usually visit with my DB in Polk City before/after the WDW stay. They puppy sit our little one. Makes for a week long trip. We go frequently as we're DVC/AP so there's no need to live in teh parks all day/every day.

No less than 5 nights. Ideally 6 nights, but it depends on work and school schedules. I also try to book a later flight out, if possible, so we have a little time in the morning. Last trip I made everyone get up and head to MK for a few hours. It was totally worth it!

This upcoming trip will be our longest yet at 5 nights. We typically visit 1x a year (or longer) and find with Hoppers that 4 days is more than enough (the cost to stay on site is insane but we like being in the bubble.) We also go at off-peak times so that makes it easier to get more in in a day :)

For a short trip we do 5 nights, but each year we do a full family trip that's 9 nights...started long ago only being 7 nights, but increased to 8 not long after and then a few yrs ago went to 9.

We almost always book first flight in and last flight out.

Given that we like to park hop when possible, go to different restaurants, and the simple fact that we already spent a fair amount on airfare to get there, we go for at least a week.

Our DVC points guide the length of our trips.

Usually 6 nights when we do a trip with my parents and sister’s family. We stay in a grand villa when we go with everyone.

When it’s just us (me, DH and our 2 kids) we can stay longer since we don’t need such a large points heavy accommodation. Most of our trips are with the larger group, though.

So, typically 6 nights.

At least 10 nights since we fly in from across the country and we have little ones, so we take it easy and don't do a ton each day. We're DVC members and enjoy settling in, ordering groceries, and hanging out at the resort. It's a fun and relaxing vacation for us with a good mix of park time and DS or resort time. DLR on the other hand.. we drive there and we've done it as a day trip or a weekend stay, although 4 or 5 days is preferable.

My comments are based on normal non virus conditions at Disney World.

I think this is very dependent on how much time you are willing to spend in a park on a given day. There are diehards who go with early entry (on site guests) and stay until the park closes. Others want to split their day between park and resort with swimming and relaxing. Others only care to see and do their favorite rides and shows and then leave the park.

Then, how well you plan your day out with fastpasses makes a difference, too.
As well as, you don't want to back track; this wastes time.

Full speed ahead and park hopping and fastpasses 4 days is okay. We prefer 6 days. Your arrival day and departure day are usually not full days; we count them as half days.

We average 7 nights -

Where are you coming from? Driving? Flying? Time to travel? How often do you go, when was the last time you were there? When do you think you will be going again?

Are you park commando? Open to closing park? Like a relaxing day in between?

Good luck - Unless you are a local within a few hours of driving - a nice minimum of 4 nights maybe - if it's a once in a lifetime trip, once every few years, - 5,6, 7 nights.......etc. etc.

We like to stay about 8 nights, have stayed 10, but a bit much. We like to enjoy every day fully (have AP's or park hoppers) and be content and ready to leave at the end so we find 8 nights just about perfect - we usually go once every year except with AP's go 2-3 times a year and stay onsite - drive our RV 600 miles to parks.
But, with Covid, a different plan completely - cancelled last April and have no plans in the near future to go - waiting for a working vaccine or it going away - will not take any chances, nor do we want to go to Disney with it being only a 'shadow' of itself. We're not desperate, have many other things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter