How long do you usually go to Disney? (Non- locals)

I have been at WDW for 2 days on two different trips years ago. A four day trip 10 years ago. Since then I have stayed no less than 12 days and up to 28 days. I have never been bored and have always had a great time. What changed over the years? Lots of hard work and going up the career ladder. All college education paid for. Retirement. And became DVC members. The 18, 24, and 28 day trips were different than the 12 to 14 day trips. Lots of r and r and "missing" the Lake Erie snowstorms.

We feel that the “bare minimum” if you are only going one time ever and want to do every park is 5 days. You gotta have that one day break in the middle to rest and hit Disney springs once you do recover. If its your one trip ever and you want to hit every park and can only afford 4 nights...wait a couple of years till you can afford that 5th night. Now, ideal minimum is 6 nights (first night is check in and go to bed Early, 2nd night after first park day, 3rd night after second park day, 4th night day off, 5th night after third park day, 6th night after 4th park day), but your bare minimum should be 5 nights.

Last time we went we had about a week there and still left much to do. They want to spend more time at USO next time (BLASPHEMY! :rotfl:) so next trip will probably be a wee bit shorter. But I'm like you, if I'm traveling from across the country, I want to get in some serious time. I'm eying at least 6 days there.

We’re DVC and within driving distance (N.Carolina/S.Carolina border) - so we go 3-4 times a year for 6-7 nights each trip.
This is awesome!

If it's not an intrusive question, how can you do that with work? or have enough vacation time?

This is awesome!

If it's not an intrusive question, how can you do that with work? or have enough vacation time?
I get the max PTO a year (256 hrs) as I have been with the same company for over 34 years...

Saturday to Saturday with the kids doing a park every other day. With my wife and I, we do a 5 day weekend and do MK, Epcot and park hop AK and HS.

We typically do 7-10 days and I would happily do longer but with kids being involved in sports and other activities its a challenge to get the 7-10

I do several three to four night trips a year. I am a very short and cheap flight away. rather go more often than one longer trip. The longest I have stayed is ten days. I do the occasional one week trip. I am staying 4 nights starting this Thursday. I have not been since January. That is a long break for me and I am just cant wait!

We will not even go if we can't stay a full week. For us it's because the cost to get there is too high to make a weekend trip (even a long weekend) worth it.

We don't stay longer than 2 weeks at this point because our family is at a stage in our collective lives where that would really be difficult on everyone's schedules.

We typically do a few 3 night trips each year and one 6-7 night trip every other year on average.

Around six nights when the kids were pre-school through elementary
Six or more, after that time period, that differ between 7-10, as we may also include time at Universal, Sea World or the beach. In review, we prefer more time a Disney and around 2 optional nights at Universal

Typically we do between 3 and 4 weeks but we come over from the UK and we're DVC owners so our biggest expense is the airfare, hence we just come once per year.

Preferably at least 8 nights. We like 2 days MK, 2 days AK, 2 days Epcot, 1 day HS. However, We went 2 years in a row and reduced our second trip down to 5 nights. It worked for us. We only hit up the things we really wanted to do.

We have done as few as three and as many as nine. By 7 or 8 I want to go home. I like 6 nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter