How long does CA grill brunch take?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Been trying to grab an ADR for months and finally got a 10:40 ressie. Only issue is our FP for Mine Train is 11:55 to 12:55 with no other times available. Think we'll make it? Will do the brunch regardless, but don't want to rush through.

It is the best meal at WDW. We did it in March. We had 11am and were done around 12. You get seated and get a menu to order from (can order as many as you like...the steak and eggs was to die for, FYI). Then you can go to the buffet stuff while you wait. You get bottomless mimosas. It is dressy event, they have music (can't recall if pianist or violinist). So if you have to change after, add that time in. Then the ordered meal arrives. And then you get a plate of desserts (which we had boxed up). Overall, I think an hour should be expected from arrival. I will go back and look at my cellphone pics to double check how long. You also can bring receipt back that night to watch fireworks from deck.

So our time was 11:00. We were seated at 10:59 and I took dessert photo at 12:09 (then they had to box up desserts while we paid check).

Last edited:
I agree with poster above, the BEST meal on property. It can take as long or as little as you want it to. They don't rush you if you want to order more food (which we've done many times, because all of the menu options are incredible), and will listen if you ask them to put a rush on it!

We were in there for about an hour. We could have stayed much longer and certainly weren’t rushed, but my niece started to get bored. It was outstanding and you should be fine for your FP.

I've never booked any FPs or ADRs after our CG brunch but would estimate our time there as approximately 2 hours; great meal and one of the few ADRs we book far in advance.

I wish we could have gotten an ADR for our fall trip. It was that good. DH can't stop talking about it.

It’s a TON of food if you want it to be. Even if you don’t want it to be.

You will make the FP, but I wouldn’t want to high tail it from the Contemporary and then get on a roller coaster right after. After I did it in May I rode the monorail. Then the Peoplemover. Then the Carousel of Progress.

I agree with not wanting to ride a roller coaster after this brunch. You will be very full. Personally, if I booked a fast pass that close, I would have that in the back of my head the whole time I ate. I wouldn't want to impact my dining experience with worrying about that, not when it is an expensive lovely meal. That said, I do think you could possibly make it.

You should be fine, brunch shouldn’t take more than an hour and a half. We rode mine train shortly after with no problems, it’s 7DMT not kingda ka. Enjoy your brunch and FP!

We were able to check in for the CG brunch half an hour earlier than our original time and they were able to accommodate us, so that may be something to try. We ended up being there for a couple of hours though- just taking in the view and the music. Enjoy- it really is an amazing meal!!!

Also, remember you only have to be at the Mine Train by 12:55! It takes about 15 minutes to walk from the Contemporary to the MK. I would not chance taking the monorail. And if you do the Brunch correctly, the walk will do you good. ;-) I've done it twice and love it! As prior posters said, it can take as long as you want.

I wish we could have gotten an ADR for our fall trip. It was that good. DH can't stop talking about it.

I've been trying for 5 months and nothing. I am hoping maybe something will still pop up but not confident about it. Will do Raglan road brunch that day instead if it doesn't come together. That said, when I look at the videos of the people dining at brunch, some are pretty dressed up, but most are pretty casual.

I've been trying for 5 months and nothing. I am hoping maybe something will still pop up but not confident about it. Will do Raglan road brunch that day instead if it doesn't come together. That said, when I look at the videos of the people dining at brunch, some are pretty dressed up, but most are pretty casual.
I had it on the TP resie finder too and no luck. Then I went ahead and booked the sip, savor, sparkle party at the top night party thing. BUt it was like $600 for 4 people and 2 of those people backed out of the trip so I just cancelled it. It was more than the brunch but less food, IMO. As it has just an app buffet and bar. I guess the drinks might be worth it but I liked the mimosas with the brunch just fine. Maybe I should try again for the brunch.

IMHO, to get the most out of the brunch experience for the price, I would want more than an hour to enjoy the food at a relaxed pace. We were there for two solid hours with a 3 year old. :eek: It's just so lovely and relaxing with the live music and the view. I wouldn't want to shortchange myself by rushing through it.

I usually spend around 2 hours at brunch. You’ll be fine for your fast pass. There is a 15 minute grace period after the hour ends it gives you plenty of time to make it. You’re also walking distance to Magic Kingdom so no worry on transportation delays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter