How Long Does It Take You to Get Ready

fbarker

DIS Veteran
Ok we all read about RD and getting to the parks early, but i wonder how long it takes you to get ready to get to the parks. This would include eating, if you do that. When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park. I am just wondering how long it takes others

When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park.
As a fellow female - I prefer to shower at night -- can't go to bed dirty, so the morning time is just makeup and hair -- so maybe a 1/2 hour and that is while i am drinking my morning coffee. It is usually getting the kids rolling that takes the longest. Breakfast can be something quick in the room - so maybe 15 minutes to toast and eat an english muffin, bagel or just to have cereal. All in all probably an hour to get everyone up, fed, dressed and out the door. 2 hours might be a bit much, is this what she does at home too? If that is her typical habit might be tough to break that routine. Any kids that you have to deal with too?

As a fellow female - I prefer to shower at night -- can't go to bed dirty, so the morning time is just makeup and hair -- so maybe a 1/2 hour and that is while i am drinking my morning coffee. It is usually getting the kids rolling that takes the longest. Breakfast can be something quick in the room - so maybe 15 minutes to toast and eat an english muffin, bagel or just to have cereal. All in all probably an hour to get everyone up, fed, dressed and out the door. 2 hours might be a bit much, is this what she does at home too? If that is her typical habit might be tough to break that routine. Any kids that you have to deal with too?

Yes pretty much the same at home and its really tough for her to change that habit. It can become very frustrating at times.

Takes me about 30 minutes to shower, dress, eat, brush teeth, and apply sunscreen.
Takes my sister about the same.
I usually get up first to take a shower because it takes me longer to feel awake so after I'm ready to go and my sister is still getting ready I can sit and chill to get more awake by the time we leave.

15-30 minutes. After being hot and sweaty from doing the parks we all want to shower before going to bed. It also allows us to get as much sleep as we can before waking up to get to the parks early. Thankfully DW and DD(13) don't take long to get ready (to be honest they're often waiting on me) and we all just grab something like a granola bar or muffin (none of us like to eat much first thing in the morning).

My first question to you is: How many kids do you have and is she constantly stopping to help get them ready?

While at Disney my husband has 100% responsibility of getting the kids ready in the morning. (They are now 16 & 18, but this started when they were 2 & 4.) My husband can be out the door in under 15 minutes, it takes me 45 minutes.

We have groceries delivered to the room at the beginning of our stay. While I am getting myself ready the boys are eating cereal, getting dressed and brushing teeth.

When I'm ready I grab some juice and breakfast bars for myself and we head out the door.

My first question to you is: How many kids do you have and is she constantly stopping to help get them ready?

While at Disney my husband has 100% responsibility of getting the kids ready in the morning. (They are now 16 & 18, but this started when they were 2 & 4.) My husband can be out the door in under 15 minutes, it takes me 45 minutes.

We have groceries delivered to the room at the beginning of our stay. While I am getting myself ready the boys are eating cereal, getting dressed and brushing teeth.

When I'm ready I grab some juice and breakfast bars for myself and we head out the door.

1. none

About 25 mins, since I need a quick shower to wake up in the mornings even though at WDW I also shower at night! Wake up, make coffee, shower while the coffee cools, brush teeth, put on the outfit I picked the day before, sunscreen, grab things (bag etc), out the door

We're usually ~30 minutes from alarm to out the door for WDW. We've got our routine pretty down packed.

- Wake up
- Immediately drink a powerade
- Follow that with a coffee.
- Shower, change, sunscreen
- out the door with a bottle of water in one hand to finish on the way to the bus.

We used to take a little longer, but good prep the night before makes for a really easy morning.

Not sure if you care to discuss further but what is her routine?
Is there something in particular that she spends a lot of time on?
Seems very excessive to take 2 hours each morning.
I'd say 1 hour would be generous.
Is she making you late for the parks or is she at least just getting up earlier so that you'll be on time for RD?

45 minutes to an hour for all 5 of us to get out the door. Showers happen at night, and we eat something quick in the room (cereal, hard boiled eggs, etc.) during that hour or so. If it were just me and DH we could probably be ready in about 30 minutes. Kids are now 9, 12, and 15. If they were younger and needed more hands on help, it would take longer than an hour.

We are usually out the door within 45 minutes. We are a family of 3. My husband usually eats on the go, because he gets hangry lol.

Not sure if you care to discuss further but what is her routine?
Is there something in particular that she spends a lot of time on?
Seems very excessive to take 2 hours each morning.
I'd say 1 hour would be generous.
Is she making you late for the parks or is she at least just getting up earlier so that you'll be on time for RD?

ok i will try:
Shower, Dry Hair, make up, dressing. Not making late to the parks we just dont go early!!

ok i will try:
Shower, Dry Hair, make up, dressing. Not making late to the parks we just dont go early!!
I can do all of that in less than 30 minutes.
Shower: 10 minutes
Hair: 5 minutes
Make up: 5 minutes
Dressing: 5 minutes

I can't imagine taking much longer than that -- it's just a theme park. Heck, I can be ready for a black tie event in about an hour.

It takes me about an hour, but that's a leisurely hour. I don't like feeling rushed. Our routine typically includes refreshing in the late afternoon and going to a TS dinner, so I usually blow my hair out then. Then, in the morning, it's coffee, quick shower, brush hair, light makeup, get dressed and help my son get ready.

1. Stop talking about your wife's grooming habits on the internet so strangers can comment on it. ;)

2. We take as long as we take. We wake up, eat, drink coffee, get ready. I'm the female - shower, dressing, hair, light make up probably 30 minutes, but I have curly hair and feel okay leaving with it slightly damp. But the coffee and relaxing usually brings us to an hour - we don't rush on vacation.

About a half an hour from alarm to out the door usually, just because I'm slow to wake up. I shower at night, he showers in the morning but does that in about 3 minutes. Breakfast is cereal or something I can eat on the go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter