How Long Does It Take You to Get Ready

you gals/guys get ready fast.
It take me an hour to get ready
I am first up in the AM, I take a shower, I get everyone else up, blow dry my hair, pack what we need for the day, and then finally get out of the hotel room.

I gave up trying to be a fashion model at WDW. I went for a weekend in August by myself. It was HOT! I was so uncomfortable in my clothing selection. Went back in September and only packed tshirts, running shorts and a hat. Had the best trip ever and was so comfortable.

Do you get a lot of photos taken? I know some women feel self conscious if they know they will be in photos and take more time to prepare so they look their best. Nothing wrong with that, it just takes more time.

After a few long park days it can take me an hour just to get out of bed when I wake up. But once I am up I generally take about 45 minutes to eat shower, dress and leave.

I am a morning person. I get my best work done in the mornings. lol But I do not like to be rushed. I like a leisurely morning. Being chaotic in the morning throws off my entire day and I like to be up before everyone else. My me time in the morning, even if it's just 10 minutes, is so important for my mental sanity (aka my kids drive me insane in the morning!) For work I get up at 5 am if I'm working out or 6 am if I'm not working out and I leave the house at 7:30 am. I have to shower every morning because of my hair which I wear curly 95% of the time. Then I get dressed, do my minimal make up and then I like to make my DD breakfast, maybe put a load in the washer, pack my lunch, make myself breakfast, make sure the sink is empty before I leave, watch some news, etc.

At WDW I give myself an hour. I get up, use the bathroom, shower, get dressed, do my hair (usually a messy bun at WDW but I put a lot of product in my curly hair and it takes taming), a bit of makeup, get our electronics in order, clean up the room a bit, watch some tv as I leisurely get ready, go to the QS spot if someone wants something to eat. Somewhere during this time I wake up everyone else (this trip just DD and I'm pretty sure she will shower at night) and they start getting ready. This way we are all ready and finished at the same time. It's like shift work.

If I straighten, blow dry, flat iron my hair add 30 minutes to that. But I think I've straightened my hair once at WDW. Not even worth it!

Last edited:

None of us shower at night so we all do it in the morning. There are 5 of us and it takes about 45-an hour for all of us to get showered, dressed, hair done, and eat. We have always been able to get ready and out the door quickly, even when the kids were little. We have our routine down to a science.

I have a 30 minute morning routine based on roughly 10 to shower/dress, 10 for hair/makeup, and 10 to eat. My DD can be ready in 5 minutes if she showers the night before and going makeup-less and can keep on task, or 2 hours if she does everything including the 1000 distractions that come up along the way. The way it works for her is for example "we need to be ready to leave at 8am" then I leave it up to her what type of routine she is going to do.

I usually shower and dry my hair at night, so in the morning it takes me about an hour from alarm to walking out the door. That includes laying in bed for at least 15 minutes convincing myself to get up, dressing, straightening my hair, and putting on my makeup. I drink a cup of coffee while putting on my makeup and I don't generally eat breakfast. On the rare occasion that I shower in the morning, that adds about half an hour for the shower and drying my hair.

I'm the one who can be out of the room in 15 minutes. My husband is the one who takes forever in the mornings. It took me a while to realize that I am at my best in the mornings, he's at his best in the evenings. His brain processes things as slowly in the mornings as mine does late late LATE at night. Not fair to compare how much it takes me to get ready with how much time it takes him.

I always wake up first, so between that and the different in our body clocks, I easily have two hours in the mornings where I'm ready to go and no one else is. So I use that time to catch up on emails, disney forums, check the weather, ride closings, check out the photos on memory maker, etc.

I think my husband and I get up about 1.5 hours before we have to be out the door with our 3 elementary aged kids. None of us move quickly nor are we morning people. Some of us are the antithesis of morning people. I'm shocked by all you that can get out in 15 minutes! Maybe it's the age getting to me, but I can't even go to the bathroom that fast! :rolleyes1 Nor can the hubby! :rolleyes1 I have short hair that will look way awful if I wash it at night, but I only have to comb it and it's happy (no blow drying, woohoo!) and my husband is a sweaty sleeper so he has to shower in the morning too. My makeup takes about 2 minutes. But my kids take 20 minutes to put their shoes on. :( We tried to RD Disneyland 2x last year when staying just offsite and failed. We are always at least 30-60 minutes late getting out of the house no matter what the event, unless we have an absolute deadline. I'm hoping that I have my act together to get it done this trip. My FPs are early each morning and I worked hard to get those, so that will be my absolute deadline I need to make! My plan is to have clothes laid out, backpacks packed and food already bagged and ready to grab for eating in the rope drop line. And then maybe, if we're lucky, with a tail-wind, we'll get out on time. :shamrock:

So all that to say, if she does her hair more than combing it and does her makeup longer than me and needs coffee, I can definitely an hour, but without 3 crazy sloth-children to drag out of bed and all the logistics that go with said sloth-children, 2 hours is a bit long. Perhaps she can be persuaded to move quicker if you have some sort of early reservation??

It takes me an about an hour to an hour and a half. I like to rope drop but I'm not a good morning person so I wake up, start coffee and then shower. After I'm dressed I will sit and drink coffee while I finish waking up. I don't bother with makeup too much at Disney if I'm there in summer cause it melts off and I wear my hair short so basically brush my hair and teeth and and some moisturizer with spf and off I go. If I add makeup it takes me an extra 20 minutes at most.

I go batty if I have to wait. Our last trip my wife and I were ready in 30 minutes. Our daughters usually weren't even out of bed yet. Wife and I would hit the road, and tell them we'd see them in the park :)

Hour tops at WDW and that includes fixing a real breakfast at our campsite and making sure all bags are packed with essentials for the day. We usually shower in the evenings and I don’t do makeup or wear my hair down for the parks. I will not be miserable!!!! I may put lip gloss on but that’s pushing it.

It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half. It takes me about 30 minutes just to dry my hair, and I have to wash it every day at Disney. I wish I could wash at night but I am a crazy sleeper and it looks like I haven't brushed it in weeks. By the time I shower, blow dry, straighten my hair and put my make up on, get dressed it can take up to an hour and a half. I would never keep anyone, I always make sure to be up early enough to be ready on time! Everyone takes different amounts of time to get ready, and whatever works for them works!

Ok we all read about RD and getting to the parks early, but i wonder how long it takes you to get ready to get to the parks. This would include eating, if you do that. When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park. I am just wondering how long it takes others
I would be meeting her in the park...

30 min. tops for me. Shower, dress put on a little makeup and eat something quick in the room, like a muffin and juice. Short hair so doesn't take much time.

I take a long bath at night and sort/iron the clothes for the morning after the kids are asleep while enjoying an adult beverage or 2. It takes me about 15 minutes to do makeup/hair/teeth brushing. Between DH and I and the kids - 30 minutes including getting something into the children and water/coffee into us. We're a machine in the mornings. Night times are not so easy though:) 2 hours to get ready is nuts. Does she change her nail polish every day or something? Do fake eye lashes? There are ways to get those done before leaving for vacation that can save a TON of time.

ETA: I do spend about 15 minutes the night before on the clothing prep, I have gel nails so don't have to worry about and have eyelash extensions usually so I don't have to even put on mascara. It's some time on the front end, but it saves a ton of time in the aggregate. DH picks up breakfast for the kids and cocktails for us when the kids are asleep. Just a couple of thoughts.

Last edited:
To women that shower at night.... Do you have short or long hair and do you wear it up.or down at the parks?
I have shorter hair and bangs. After I sleep on it it doesn't behave and if i spray it with some water it gets flat and stringy. If i had longer hair that just went in a pony tail and stayed there all day i could do a night shower but my hair must be freshly washed before the parks with short hair.

I have long hair and "do" it before we go out to dinner. I then take another bath in the evening...that's more for relaxation but I know I'm not dirty going into the morning and being the stinky person in line. My hair is still fine to be left down for the parks the next day, but I always have a couple of hair ties in my wristlet should it be become too sweaty or gross looking. My hair is super fine (the worst) so being sweaty makes it a stringy mess. I feel like there are few women who get the lucky hair genes. I certainly didn't.

I don't know how long it takes for me to get ready (early riser) but however long it is I'm still ready before everyone else;).

10-20 minutes for all 5 of us. (On the longer end if we didn’t prep the night before or if someone’s doing something more complex with their hair.)

We do all bathe before bed and encourage picking out clothes and packing any park bags the night before. We have food and drinks in the room that every one grabs on the way out the door (or eats in the room while the girls are doing makeup)

We all get ready quickly in general, but I do think we are a little faster at Disney because everyone wants to get to the parks for rope drop. My kids are all teenagers, so they want to sleep as long as possible (which means they must get ready quickly if they only wake up 15 minutes before we need to leave).

I can’t fathom ever taking two hours to get ready and would have very little patience if anyone in my family was like that, but I know many people feel differently. Both of my parents can get ready INCLUDING taking a shower in under 5 minutes, so my family taking 15 without showering seems very leisurely to how I was raised.

I shower the night before and basically take 5-15 minutes. My mother and sister combined maybe take somewhere between 1-2 hours.

Our last trip, I would leave and go to parks early, and do things such as peruse Mainstreet, or maybe get to back of AK and get a quick ride on EE prior to their arrival. This allowed for a good balance and got me out of the way :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!