How Long Does It Take You to Get Ready

With 4 girls(all with long hair)I learned long ago that a ponytail is the answer to easy mornings at WDW. The girls in our family are proud of the fact that we have often finished before dh. He moves pretty slow at times.

It takes me about two hours. I shower, make up etc. I do my normal routine for the parks as I would for my everyday life.

I don't like feeling rushed. I give myself plenty of time to get ready.

I'm a woman with short hair and I like to shower at night at WDW because I always feel too sweaty and gross to get right into bed after a day at the parks--and I won't shower again in the morning if I've just done it the night before. My hair is thick and curly, and with a shorter cut it behaves itself best if I just put a little bit of curl definer in it while it's wet and then let it air dry. I get epic bedhead when I shower in the evening and sleep on it, but all it takes is wetting it down in the sink, toweling most of the water back out, and re-applying the curl definer before I leave for the day. Tops five minutes to get my hair the way I want it.

I'm wwwwwaaayy too lazy for a multi-hour morning routine. That's part of why I switched to a short hairstyle; when it was long I actually had to spend time on it and I hated that.

We shoot for being out the door in 45 minutes. Normally turns into an hour or so.

I shower at night- and just have to do hair and eat in the morning. I usually don’t wear makeup at the parks since it usually gets sweated or rained off. Even if I do wear makeup it doesn’t add a lot of time.

My husband has to shower in the morning to feel alive and get going. (Too be honest he’s the one that we are usually waiting on).

We let our little guy sleep as long as possible. We wake him up in time to eat and get dressed.

We have a light breakfast in the room and hopefully out the door in 45 min to 1 hour.

Both me and my son can get ready within literally minutes! We will have showered the night before. I wear wigs, so it's just pick one and put that one on! :crazy: I don't do makeup. We will grab a pastry for breakfast, my son also one of his yogurts and some cheese and we will be ready in under 30 minutes. If I'm driving we'll just eat our breakfast in the car knocking time off our getting ready time. If we ride the busses, then we want to be on the first one out since we rope drop.

Yes. As a family of 5 we can be out the door in about 30 mins. We will all shower bath the night before I have my 5 min shower during the morning.. 5 mins hair makeup (messy bun and min makeup)
Kids will be getting dressed and eating while I’m getting ready.
I pack park bags lay out clothes etc the night before to ease our mornings.

I'm not normally a morning person, but I'm always up at 6:00 a.m. on vacation. I have to get everyone moving, too.

I make coffee and get myself ready (including a shower), then my wife gets up and takes a shower, then my son usually gets up at 7:00 a.m. to get ready (including a shower). We usually get breakfast by 7:45 or 8:00, and leave for the parks by 8:30 a.m.

In nine visits to WDW, we've made RD exactly once, and that was because we had YES tickets and my son had to make his class.

On our upcoming visit, though, I purchased EMM at MK one morning, though. I'm telling everyone we need to leave for the park by 7:00 a.m. Should be interesting!

Last edited:
If we're only talking about me (the wife) getting ready to go to the parks, then about 15-20 minutes. That's making my cup of coffee, shuffling back to my room. Getting dressed. Deodorant/powder for the day. Take a drink. Shooting my hair up with some dry shampoo (I shower the night before and DS adds volume and perks it up in the morning) comb and throw it in braids/bun/pony). Take a drink. Slip my feet into some shoes/sandals. Drinks. Grab my bag and my sunnies. Finish coffee. Brush teeth. Put on chapstick. Get in the car.

I'm pretty low maintenance though. I don't really wear makeup. I don't 'do my hair' except for quick 60 second styles. I'm not a fashionista. I dress for comfort.

I’m jealous of your Mrs. Pretty sure I used to easily spend 2hours getting ready, now I have a 6 month old baby, I’ve had to perfect the 20 minute, showered and dressed routine...maybe have a baby?! That way she’ll be more efficient and you’ll get to enjoy Disney through new eyes!

I’m being glib of course, having a baby is not for everyone!

I literally start practicing before a trip. my goal is to get my process down to 45 minutes....leaving 15 minutes for me to help my daughter and sister braid their hair.

Breakfast for me is a grab and go. I pour myself coffee in a to go cup and usually grab a breakfast power bar. I eat and drink on the walk to the bus stop.

Female solo traveler here.

I usually: wake up way earlier than I mean to (because DISNEY!), take a quick shower, put on a cup of coffee and turn on the Hours channel, blow dry my hair (pixie so it doesn't take very long) and style, put on a TON of sunscreen, throw on my outfit that I hopefully laid out the night before, put on a little bit of makeup to at least look not-dead in pictures, and finalize my park bag.

If I have enough time I'll take my coffee and some breakfast thing (I'm partial to the pineapple/melon/cantaloupe medley you can find in pretty much any cooler) and eat it somewhere outside at the resort. My home's POFQ so I'll usually eat at the frog fountain in the morning. I think early mornings at the resorts are so magical.

This takes me about 45 minutes. I usually like more time to relax, but...it's Disney! I want to get to the parks!

Also kudos to whoever resurrected this thread, talking about my morning routine just makes me want to be back!

In a perfect world I would have over an hour to get ready, including showering, blow drying and makeup. I get up extra early at home because I like having my uninterrupted time in the morning.

However, at Disney it’s a different story! We all typically shower at night because of feeling sweaty and gross from a day in the heat. So in the morning I try to keep it to about 20 minutes: straightening my hair(washed the night before) and quick makeup. I don’t want to look terrible in pictures so I do always wear some makeup. I’m just more comfortable that way, not judging anyone else.

My H is very quick, even if he wants to shower, so we both help get the kids ready. We try to have everyone ready and sunscreened within an hour. I usually set out the kids’ clothes the night before we they can dress themselves easily. We also unpack and repack the park backpack at night so it’s ready to go.

We almost always take showers at night but I usually take another quick one in the morning to wake up. I usually give us 2 hrs to get up, dressed, eat and transportation. For example on our trip a few weeks ago. We wanted to be at AK by 8 for EMH. Not necessarily to be at the front of rope drop line but just be there by 8. We got up at 6, got ready, ate at our resort and took the bus and we were there at 7:50.

My husband and I are very different people. He is very type B - takes his time, have a coffee and I am more type A - moves with a purpose, out of shower by certain time, ready to go by designated time. We have come to the arrangement where we have a set time where we decide when we are going to leave and it is each other's responsibility to be ready by that time - saves on bickering. Usually I am ready in less than 30 minutes because I keep makeup minimal in the heat and hair is up in a bun or braid. My husband, he needs a good 90 minutes. This way works for us and allows us each to keep to our own routines that work for our personal styles and not start the day grumpy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter