How long does Rafiki's take? Would you change anything?

nesser1981

DIS Veteran
This is our plan for AK, just curious if we'll have enough time for Rafiki's? Would you change anything up? We are totally flexible, so if we can't do all of these, we won't. As long as we hit our FP+ reservations and our daughter really wants to see the Lion King show.

Rope Drop to Dino-Land
Dinosaur
Triceratop Spin
Boneyard
Expedition Everest @ 11:15-12:15
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Jungle Trek
Kilimanjaro Safari 2:50-3:50
Lion King @ 4
Na'vi River Journey 4:50-5:50
It's Tough to be a Bug

IMO Rafiki's takes as long as you like it to. Sometimes we literally just ride the train out and back, so we have a chance to sit and relax for a bit. Other times we get off and the kids head to the petting zoo and such for a little bit and meet with whatever characters are roaming around. Can't say that I think we've ever spent more than an hour back there.

IMO Rafiki's takes as long as you like it to. Sometimes we literally just ride the train out and back, so we have a chance to sit and relax for a bit. Other times we get off and the kids head to the petting zoo and such for a little bit and meet with whatever characters are roaming around. Can't say that I think we've ever spent more than an hour back there.
Thank you! We've been to AK twice, but I've never made it back there.

This is our plan for AK, just curious if we'll have enough time for Rafiki's? Would you change anything up? We are totally flexible, so if we can't do all of these, we won't. As long as we hit our FP+ reservations and our daughter really wants to see the Lion King show.

Rope Drop to Dino-Land
Dinosaur
Triceratop Spin
Boneyard
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Jungle Trek
Lion King @ 4
It's Tough to be a Bug
The first train runs at 10:00 and Rafiki’s and Doc’s meets begin at 10:15 - no wait unless other train guests walk faster.

Even with the petting zoo and possibly listening to a CM who is out with an animal, you could get to your EE FP without a problem if you switched Rafiki’s to 10:00.

The first train runs at 10:00 and Rafiki’s and Doc’s meets begin at 10:15 - no wait unless other train guests walk faster.

Even with the petting zoo and possibly listening to a CM who is out with an animal, you could get to your EE FP without a problem if you switched Rafiki’s to 10:00.

Is the train to Rafiki's close to EE? Last trip it was my daughter's wish trip, super hot and we didn't even make it to that side of the park.

Is the train to Rafiki's close to EE? Last trip it was my daughter's wish trip, super hot and we didn't even make it to that side of the park.
It’s near Safari so you’ll just follow the walkway around to EE. It’s not that far compared to being in Pandora or the Tree area.

So if I move Rafiki's down to before we do the safari, that would make more sense as far as where they're located in the park?
Rope Drop to Dino-Land
Dinosaur
Triceratop Spin
Boneyard
Jungle Trek
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Lion King @ 4
It's Tough to be a Bug

That works. Ride EE at the beginning of your FP window and that gives you plenty of time for Jungle Trek and Rafiki’s.

Enter the Safari line at 2:45 and you’ll have time to easily get to Lion King.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter