How long does the waitlist take to catch cancellations?

I have two waitlist set up for November to try to get in the same room all nights of my trip (currently I have 2 nights in standard at BLT followed by one night in a lake view). I noticed one of the waitlists is missing from my dashboard but still on the waitlist list like @KAT4DISNEY describes above. I happened to notice this when I was on the phone with member services, and the cast member confirmed I had a match, but wouldn't (or couldn't) take care of it for me. So it looks like I got my match. I am debating if I should cancel the second waitlist at this point on the unlikely chance that the other waitlist comes through. I guess I'll just keep watch on my dashboard.
I would call back then cancel it. You don't want to have the second one match and cancel your now apparently complete reservation.

We've had luck both ways (waitlist matching and constantly checking the site). I would recommend checking the site as often as you can, it can't hurt! Good luck

I would call back then cancel it. You don't want to have the second one match and cancel your now apparently complete reservation.

I did end up calling this morning to match the reservation, and I was able to make sure that they used the points I wanted them to use to secure the reservation.

The waitlist system is definitely a mystery! I recently canceled a reservation and the rooms never showed up in inventory...so it really makes me wonder if it's automatic or if I just happen to cancel when the "program" was running and identifying potential matches for those on the waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!