How long for dinner at Yak & Yeti?

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
we have an ADR at Yak and Yeti for 5:15. Trying to plan 1 or 2 FP for after dinner - if possible. How much time would you expect dinner to take? 45min- 1 hour? If we are able to get FP for 6-7 and 7-8 (totally hypothetical!), is it wrong to let the waitress/waiter know this so that we get out of the restaurant in a timely fashion?

Thanks!

I'd say 50 mins to 1 and 15 mins. I don't think it would be wrong to let them know. We will often times let our server know when we have a movie or something to get to by a certain time, I think it helps them as well.

I would say about an hour after being seated. We have been seated immediately upon arrival and another time had to wait about 10-15 minutes so plan for that, too.

The last time we ate there in October it was PACKED. We had a reservation and waited around 25 minutes past our ADR time to be seated. You can also sign up for a Landry's card.. it's essentially free ($20 or $25 to sign up but then you get the same amount in rewards to use at the restaurant) and it gets you priority seating. We also used that for our last visit, so who knows how long it would've been without it.

Once we were seated it only took around an hour to eat and we got appetizers

I second the Landry's Select Club card. It cost $25 and as stated you get a $25 credit. You can cancel your ADR as you won't need it and can eat when you want. We walked in to Yak and Yeti last Thursday without a reservation for dinner, the two parties in line in front of me were told there was a 55 minute wait. I showed my card and was seated in 6 minutes, gave my card to our server and the $25 credit was applied to our bill when it arrived.

What’s the worst that can happen? It’s not as if they charge you if you’re a no show for your ADR.

We usually do lunch there around noon. Rarely have we waited more than 10 minutes to get seated. The meal, for us, is about an hour.
Your FP plan for 6-7 and 7-8 should be very doable if FPs are available for those times.

Thanks for all the replies! I’ve read about the card. It’s probably worth it, since we are paying out of pocket for food. Also, we have a reservation at T-Rex - can we use the card there? In addition, we are going to be visiting during the month of my husband’s birthday (within days of his birthday - but not there on his actual birthday). Did I read somewhere that there is some discount or incentive during your birthday month when you use the card?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies! I’ve read about the card. It’s probably worth it, since we are paying out of pocket for food. Also, we have a reservation at T-Rex - can we use the card there? In addition, we are going to be visiting during the month of my husband’s birthday (within days of his birthday - but not there on his actual birthday). Did I read somewhere that there is some discount or incentive during your birthday month when you use the card?

Thanks again!
Yes it is good for T-Rex too. You get 25 dollars off on your birthday month. I think you can combine it with the new card discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!