how long for TSA security?

Keacc

DIS Veteran
We will be leaving MCO on 12/9 on a 9am Southwest flight. How long is it currently taking to get thru TSA security. We were planning on getting to the airport around 6:45am.

I'm wondering this too.

In August we found the lines a little bit longer than in the past. Not bad, but definitely more people are signing up for pre-check.

The airport itself is recommending you arrive 3 hours before your flight. How long security takes can vary a lot. I've had it take over 40 minutes, I've had it take 5 minutes. Right now the time to get thru security shows at around 30 minutes.

Will you need to drop off a rental car? Check in for your flight and drop bags?

I'm also interested in this question, specifically what people's actual experiences are. I understand the airport suggests three hours. I'm curious where they expect most of that time to be spent at.

It’s hit and miss. We’ve waited almost an hour which prompted us to get pre check. Last trip through the people ahead of us were waiting for the rest of their party who were not precheck and they were through in minutes, and others we met had nearly missed a flight after waiting more than an hour. I don’t think it can really be predicted. It changes daily, hourly, etc. Bank on getting there at least two hours ahead of time to be safe.

I'm also interested in this question, specifically what people's actual experiences are. I understand the airport suggests three hours. I'm curious where they expect most of that time to be spent at.

Again, will you be dropping off a rental car? That takes time. As does having to check in for your flight and drop bags. The airport is undergoing some refurbishment, to put it mildly. It can be a bit confusing if you are not used to where you are going. I'd plan on an hour for security, just to be safe. It should take less. But then, I've gone thru when they have only had 1 scanner for the masses and 1 for pre-check open. And that was all.

The posted wait time was an hour and 12 minutes about 11:00 am the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It was a zoo!

Arriving at 6:45 am will give you more than enough time on a usual day. I am guessing this is without TSA pre?

We left MCO yesterday 12/3. Got to the airport at 10am & the listed wait time was 15-20 minutes. We were through in 10-15 minutes.

Right now, times are looking dyed at around 25-42 mins, depending on which gate you're heading to.
My dh left in Friday, at 11:00 for a 2:00 flight...took Uber. He checked bags with RAC and was through security in 15 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter