How long in advance to book for AP hotel discounts?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
Anyone know how long it is necessary to book ahead for premium annual pass discounts at the on-site hotels? I had posted several months ago about discounts, and posters reported some really good discounts (sometimes about 40%) for the premium passes at the resort hotels like Disneyland Hotel. Well, when I called DL CRO recently they had to look up by date only and could not tell me when any discounts would be available in advance. I asked for dates June 12-15 (only standard 10 discount available, nothing deeper), June 15-18 (same), the rest of June (same...). I finally opted to give up because it was tedious just going through day by day trying to see when a PAP discount popped up. Anyone have any insight on this? The CRO just said you had to look up specific dates and see if they were there. I want to plan our trip during dates we can get a much stronger discount for the premium passes but don't want to go through each day of the year until one pops up...I have no idea how many days out to even start asking about. Thanks for any info!!! :banana:

PS It is my understanding that the PAP passes offer better discounts than the So. Cal passes can (we are moving to So. Cal in three weeks). That's why I was getting the premium ones, but it is sounding like it is not worth it if the discounts are so hard to find. Thanks in advance! :wizard:

Go to the DL website and register as an AP holder. This allows you to check up on new discount offers and dates that they are good for. With the resort discounts, normally 6-8 weeks out is all that they will give in lead time.

I don't think the type of AP has anything to do with the amount of discount you get. I believe that when AP rates are announced, they are applicable to any AP holder.

HI!! Well as far as APs, it does not matter if you buy the $400.AP or the $99.AP, you still get the same rate for hotels. The deeper discounts come with the restuarants, you can get upto 20% off at some. Some of the businesses in DTD only offer the 20% before 5p.m. As long as you are in your chair and have placed your order the will usually give it to you, House of Blues is weird about it though. Good luck with your plans. Patty :earsgirl:

Wow, in CRO they told me that the premium passes are the ones that offer the deepest discounts, and that the So. Cal passes aren't nearly as good (they were said to offer only a basic discount of about 10%, while the premium passes were up to about 40%). There would be no reason for me to buy the Premium pass if the hotel discount was the same for all of them since I'll be living in S. Cal.

Ladyhawk, you definitly do get better"restaurant" discounts with the Premium Pass. And you will get discounts at some res. that the $99.00 wont get, like Yamabuke in the PPH, and the Blue Bayou. You get (Prem. Pass) parking included also. Is it worth it, its not for me. I buy the $159.00 pass and add the $50.00 parking pass. I have to buy APs for 6 people though. My price with parking for all of us is $884. If I were to buy the Prem. tickets for all of us it would be $2450. Thats a big difference. So its really up to you. Any way you go, you will have a great time! Have fun!! Patty :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter