How long is your solo trip

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by suevee, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Amysita

Amysita Mouseketeer

My shortest was 5 days / 6 nights...my longest was 8 days / 9 nights...it all depends if I only do Disney, or if I do others things too...like Sea World, San Diego Zoo (when I go to DL), Universal, take sight seeing tours...and on my longest one, I added a day to go to a dog show that I knew a few people (met on internet) would be showing their dogs...LOL...I was good at keeping my secret, they didn't even know I was in the same state as them, let alone a stone's throw away, I pulled off quite the surprise.

2. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

I think whats best for me and what I usually do is 9 days and 8 nights. I think that's best and ideal.

suevee likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. RVJarrett

RVJarrett Earning My Ears

I'm doing seven days solo in October, then going onto Disneyland Cali with friends, anything shorter than 7 days doesn't really work for me as I come from another country. However I've done Paris quite a few times solo for 3/4 days :)

suevee likes this.
  5. Brian Noble

Brian Noble Gratefully in Recovery

I usually go down for about a week, give or take, but I also fly.

6. mainelyj

mainelyj Mouseketeer

I will be taking my first solo trip in April 2019 for 9 days. I am nervous, but excited as well. Looking forward to seeing other solo travelers in 2019.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    StageTek likes this.
  7. Sunelis

Sunelis Mouseketeer

My shortest solo stay was 6 days... my longest was 17 days I think... No problem being solo in WDW. But I'll admit that table service restaurant solo is still a struggle for me.

8. Helvetica

Helvetica Mouseketeer

I went 12 days in January, which I thought was a little long. I'm doing 9 days in November.

9. NH-to-FL

NH-to-FL DIS Veteran

I did a 7 night solo trip in August to make a mid season visit to check in on our snowbird place, arriving MCO mid day and leaving on a 9am flight. I did three blistering hot park days, 2 volunteer days at Give Kids the World Village, and spent the last full day housekeeping. For me that was about right for a solo trip.

In 2017 I did a very quick 3 night summer trip. That was way too short. I ended up with only one park day.

10. CanoeRower

CanoeRower Earning My Ears

Usually four nights is enough for me. But it seems I'm the odd one out in this thread

11. Ametista

Ametista DIS Veteran

7 days

12. NH-to-FL

NH-to-FL DIS Veteran

No such thing as 'odd one out' around here. Just personal preference.

I am a reluctant traveler so once I invest the personal energy into travel I am going to get the most out of it. I know people who think nothing of jumping on a plane for a weekend visit. Or take a long drive for a short visit.

Everyone's different and remember that asking here on DISboards will probably get you a somewhat biased answer.

13. twixieshores

twixieshores Earning My Ears

My next solo trip is going to be for 4 nights in May (though only 3 days in the parks)

14. Dee50

Dee50 Earning My Ears

I've got my first solo trip planned for Nov 2019. 9 nights at Pop Century. Never been to the States before or traveled solo outside the UK so a mixture of excited and nervous. I'm going next year because it's my 50th birthday year and its a treat to myself for surviving so long. hehe :)

15. CapeCodTenor

CapeCodTenor Dis Veteran

My solo trips were usually 7 nights.