How long is your usual solo trip to WDW? (out of state)

Since its a 16 hour drive and i stay at Fort Wilderness I usually attempt to stay at least 2 weeks. Sambuster

Since I am coming from Finland, I always stay 2 weeks or longer in FL, but on parks (WDW, Universal, waterparks) maybe 10 to 20 days.

I think 9 days and 8 nights is more then enough. If I did 10 days and 9 nights I would for sure be adding a day at Universal.

I think 9 days and 8 nights is more then enough. If I did 10 days and 9 nights I would for sure be adding a day at Universal.

Interesting coincidence, I actually just booked a 9 day / 8 night trip for early December. It's mainly a holiday trip, and I'm debating doing a Universal day.

I'm going on my first solo trip in less than 2 weeks. Booked a week (7 nights), which seems perfect to me! Last trip, 5 nights, was supposed to be solo, but DH decided to come along (so this is a kind of a do over, LOL). Since I have the AP, I decided one more trip was in order!

Most trips with kids have been 7 nights typically, but longest was 15 nights (off site, but it was so relaxing as we had a condo very close by, so spent some days just chilling).

Oh blimey! I go for a minimum of 14 days, usually 17 days and a max of 21 days once, only because I have to come home to get the cats out of the cattery (sadly only one now as I lost my beloved old lad two weeks ago)
I don't feel lonely as most times someone will start a conversation with me. In fact I get to talk to people a lot more than when I'm home. I also take things slowly and leisurely, I could spend half a day walking around a resort like Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom exploring the artwork and artifacts they have on display. Or sitting on the balcony in Kiidani Lodge enjoying the animals. Lovely.

I’m a teacher, so my trips usually happen over a holiday, unless I go in the summer. My average trip is 3 nights, 4 days.

I usually stay 7 days/6 nights, but would love to stay 10 days. However, the budget and ability to get off work for that stretch of time, create limits.

I've gone anywhere from 4 to 9 nights (the 9 was a 6 nighter that got extended). I'm coming up on a 6 nighter shortly, which is about my usual. I don't think you'll have a problem with an 11 nighter...you're moving around which is good. I don't think I'd want to go too long without a car; its nice to move around, eat offsite, etc.

Shortest was less than 2 days-arrived after midnight Friday, flew back home Sunday afternoon. Longest was 12 nights.
If you get lonely, I've found that CMs are super friendly to solos. I remember one night the CMs loading guests onto SE sent me around about 4 times because I wanted to see all the Hidden Mickeys I could. And I remember the time I told an AK CM "Don't you want to retire so that I can have your job?" That got her to launch on a very long and very interesting explanation of working at WDW.

12 days/11 nights sounds fine to me. My last trip (and my first major solo trip in a very long time) was 15 days, including travel days, combo of Disneyland Paris and some time in London. I got a little lonely in the latter part of the trip, but I think a big contributor to that was that I'd been expecting a friend to join me on the second half and she couldn't make it. There's a huge difference between planning a solo trip and carrying it out vs. planning a partially shared trip and ending up solo. Either way, I was ready to go home by the last day and I think that would still hold true regardless--but I don't see that as a bad thing. It wasn't that I was sick of travel, just that I felt ready for my regular life again, which is how I think one should ideally feel at the end of a trip.

I generally like going more often but for shorter times. I've done solo trips of just a weekend and another trip for 5 days and enjoyed both! I'd be fine going longer if I had enough PTO and DVC points!

My solo trips are done when I travel to FL for work, so they tend to be short. I will take a very early flight on my travel day and spend that day at the parks. Typically I will start at Epcot, then hop over to DHS, then finish at MK. (I found that taking a bus from DHS to the Contemporary and walking to the MK the fastest way to get there.) When I'm solo I can cover a lot of ground, and I can visit those 3 parks in one day and do all of my favorite attractions plus have time to relax and enjoy some good food.

On subsequent days, after my work meetings finish I might visit a park for the evening. I get multi-day military park hopper tickets, so the cost per day isn't bad, and it's worth it if I can spend 4-5 hours in one of the parks.

On some trips I'll skip the parks and just go to Disney Springs and maybe some resort hopping.

I live in Georgia and drive down. My first solo trip was 3 nights, 4 days. Now they are 6 nights, 7 days. That is only because that is the longest I can get away from work. If it were up to me, it would be longer. I have no trouble being alone and before we bought our RV, all my trips were either alone or with my son. My honey hates to travel and would only do it for dive trips.

If I had to guess I would say I stay on average 7 nights. I've done a few 12 night stay and it was wonderful because I didn't feel rushed and even spent a few days just relaxing at the resort. I need another long visit.

I fly since it’s a 14hr drive. First solo trip was 3 nights. That was too short. Second solo trip was 5 nights which was just about right for me. Long enough to get fully immersed in Disney, but not too much of a good thing.

Both my prior solo trips were 4 nights and felt right especially since I was still working and didn't want to be away from my family any longer than that. I was definitely ready to go home by the last day but that's true even when I travel with DH and DS. My upcoming trip will be 6 nights limited by $$$ and family obligations. I'm not sure if I could handle more than 7 nights...

My last one was 2 full days. My upcoming trip is 3 full days. I'm not sure I'm ready for the weeklong+ trip.

That said, I live in Atlanta, so WDW is only a cheap flight or a not-so-bad drive away, so I can break up my trips into smaller "doses".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter