How long to allow for a connection in YYZ (Toronto) to MCO (Orlando) is do-able on AC?

Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
While I try (and would be totally willing to pay extra) to get a direct flight from Ottawa to Orlando --- some days it is just not possible. Just wondering what experiences are with this.... I have an 1 hour 52 minutes in YYZ and know I have to re-clear security then US customs. I'm hoping I'll be okay but what have you experienced in doing the YYZ connection?

My experience is that the Ottawa gate is the farthest away you can get. So I second the don't dawdle sentiment. I would also try to transfer somewhere else if possible. ( Not always possible but might be worth looking for) I really didn't enjoy the experience of customs in TO. It didn't help that a group of 3 men decided they didn't want to wait in a long line and choose to step in front of a large number of people in front of security and it was ignored. We spoke to them but they basically said tough what are you gonna do about it, so we let it go.

The time you have allowed should be fine if as others have said you don't dawdle. There is another consideration coming from Ottawa, will your flight actually leave here on time. Twice now flying A/C through Toronto our flight has been delayed. There are flights every hour from Ottawa to Toronto and the next flight took off before ours did. Fortunately I had an almost 3 hour connection. We made it to the gate with 30 minutes to spare.

My personal experience is that I avoid connecting through Toronto from Ottawa at all costs on my outbound flights. If you have to, book that extra hour into your connection time (in case). You may not need it but you'll be glad you did if its needed.

Personally I would be uncomfortable with that. But as others have said if your flight is on time and you move it you will be ok. Last time I went through security at Pearson I was pulled off and taken elsewhere, completely searched and all my things gone through. Had to turn my computer on and both cell phone that I carry and remove the cases. They kept questioning me having two cell phones. So you never know.

when going to orlando,unless we're lucky to get a direct flight,we usually fly United from ottawa,with a stop in the U.S.This way we do customs in Ottawa,which is a breeze in comparison,and hop off one and hop on the other.Plus,in most cases,it's cheaper than either WJ or AC

We drive to Montréal and get direct flights in order to avoid connecting through Toronto. That being said, we have done the Ottawa to Toronto with AC with a bit more then 1h30 connection. I would avoid it at all cost in winter though... the flights from Ottawa to Toronto are always the first delayed or cancelled it seems...

We have also done the United flights through the US... we like to go through Dulles (Washington). We avoid Newark if possible.

The connection was okay —- even though the YOW-YYZ leg was 20 minutes late. I still had about a 20 minutes before boarding the YYZ-MCO leg. I think this was in large part due to having a super early flight and the crowds being really low. There are so many points I can see as being pain points in a busier time frame which would mean we’ll never book this for a Xmas week flight.
Thank goodness I have a direct flight on the way back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter