How long to visit universal, IOA ,W&W?

LindaRDH

Earning My Ears
We are going to visit Universal, IOA, Wet and WIld over Easter. We are staying at the Portofino hotel. How long will it take to visit these parks with the FOTL access? Can someone give me their personal experiences at Wet and Wild? Thanks

We go to USO/IOA several times a year and always try to dedicate 3 days to the parks, 1 day for each park and a 3rd for repeats of favorites in both parks.
As for Wet and Wild we spent a day there last summer (Myself, daughter 12, nephew 11 and son 10)- If you enjoy waterparks plan at least one full day here- we had a blast!
First get there early in the day to stake out a "home base" - the tables and chairs in the shaded areas get claimed very fast, and even vacant chairs in the sun are tough to find after 11am. Just bring extra towels, tote bags, etc to drape over the chairs to claim them.- There are lockers available all the way at the front of the park, a long walk to get your wallet or camera, I suggest you use disposable cameras and carry a minimal amount of money in one of those waterproof containers.
There is NO FOTL deal here and some of the better attractions can have waits up to a half hour, but well worth it! Lots of different kinds of one, two and multi rider slides with and without various tubes, mats, rafts, etc. The older kids loved the huge tidal pool and some of the steep slides and the vortex one where you drop into what looks like a huge old fashioned dentist's spit sink...I was too chicken for that!
There are some things I have never seen anywhere else such as knee board water skiing behind a boat in the lake, a ride that simulates parasailing in that you hang above the water as the boat pulls a device along a trolley line over the lake. One ride fascinated me- 2 riders back to back suspended in a swing. Each gets a fire-hose strength sprayer and both work spraying in turn until they are swinging in 30 foot arcs! Tough to desribe but the kids loved this one!
Don't think all the attractions are big fast and scary though! My 10 year old has autism and prefers simple quiet pools, fountains and lazy rivers, etc and there were several areas like that. but he also loved a bobsled style slide the best and made me ride it at least 4 times.
There a huge & wonderful kiddie area for the small set including tiny versions of tube slides and a lazy river. Lots of refreshment stands, not cheap but I would say decent snacks at reasonable prices. The arcade was the one area I would say was disappointing.
During the summer months most days you will see rain for at least an hour in the afternoon. If there is a threat of lightning within 3 miles they close the rides but allow you to stay in covered areas of the park until the storm passes. At any time you can get a hand stamp and return later in the day.
And I guess I've gone on a bit- sorry to get windy but in one sentence... try it you'll like it!
:smooth:

One thing I forgot.. and it's important for any Florida visitor but especially water park visitors....

SUNSCREEN!
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter