How long until prices go up

Ngambill

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide on which fall 2020 cruise to book. I have heard that prices are cheapest when they are first announced and want to book before the prices go up. Any idea how long before the prices increase?

They can increase daily, weekly, monthly or hourly depending on the cruise in question. It's best to book as early as possible.

The more generic itineraries may stay within $100+/- for months or may shoot up overnight. It's not always easy to predict.

We are trying to decide on which fall 2020 cruise to book. I have heard that prices are cheapest when they are first announced and want to book before the prices go up. Any idea how long before the prices increase?

As others have said, it depends on the itinerary. New or unusual itineraries can increase almost immediately, while itineraries like the 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises that occur frequently can stay unchanged for a while. I remember reading the opening day threads when the British Isles cruise was first introduced and the prices were increasing rapidly on the opening day for Platinum CC members.

Christmas and New Years sailings are going to move up fast. Other more generic cruises not very.

Even some of the more unusual cruises may or may not change price. For example I booked Bermuda right when it came out and the price has been steady for months and months. It only just started to rise a little bit last month, which is four months before departure. But then my Mediterranean cruise last year kept just going up and up monthly until it got to the point where I almost cannot believe that people actually pay that.

We booked a Cat 4D on the Nov 28th 8 night Eastern on Fantasy when it opened for Silver members for 2A2K and it's already gone up $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts