How Many Contracts Do You Own?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
I'm new to DVC. Actually, I'm waiting for ROFR. It seems many people have several contacts and often with different home resorts.

How many home resorts do you have? And how many points?

I hope I'm not being too nosey or personal! I was really wondering the strategy.
THANKS!

2 contracts.

250 resale Apr UY BCV points bought subject to the 2011 restrictions but grandfathered for the 2016 restrictions. Bought them in 2014 and they were weirdly loaded. Just a few 2014 points, 2015 points mostly borrowed into 2014. So something 2014-2016 like 260/11/250. But we negotiated for $84/point which in retrospect was an absolute bargain.

168 direct Jun UY Poly fixed week Lake View first week of November. Poly's initial member's price was $160 and we missed that while researching/ debating. So $165/point.

$116.56/point average for BCV and Poly. We like where we're at.

I'd be willing to add a small (less than 100 point) AKV resale contract, but not at current prices/demand. I'll wait until the next downturn. AKV is our fallback 7 month resort. We love it there. We'd love a shot at value/concierge here and there.

Last edited:
All June UY
150 BCV - first contract bought resale
30 BLT - needed more points, bought direct
100 BLT - resale
30 BLT - direct

I financed the first contract (paid it off within a year). The rest I paid cash or used 6 months zero % on Disney Visa. I knew I wanted enough points for a week in a 1 bedroom in June (alternate years between BLT and BCV). I started adding smaller contracts as I had the cash.

600 Aulani Resale Feb uy
500 VGF Resale June uy

(Wanted different use years because we travel at different times to FL vs HI)

Get in line to tell me how much I'm going to regret those contract sizes one day. But we got great deals so it was worth it and we have zero thought to ever sell them.

Although I will say that with the 7 mo window becoming (at least for the times I need and my first choice resorts) impossible, I think I will regret not getting like 250 VGF and 250 VGC or BCV and banking/borrowing every other. But I love VGF and I think we'll do fine if ever want to trade or rent.

Thing is, it's seems like a lot of points on the surface but it's really not even enough points for a 2 bedroom at peak times for a week at either place in a good view category.

We have 3. The addiction in our house is bad.

We started with 210 BLT points for MK/monorail access even though we love Poly more but couldn't justify the cost. This was just prior to the April 4, 2016 change on Membership Extras.

We picked up 200 BCV points a few months later primarily for Food and Wine.

And this year we snagged a decent deal on 320 AKV points because this is becoming my favorite chill out/less parks resort.

All were resale.

Last edited:
I'm new to DVC. Actually, I'm waiting for ROFR. It seems many people have several contacts and often with different home resorts.

How many home resorts do you have? And how many points?

I hope I'm not being too nosey or personal! I was really wondering the strategy.
THANKS!
Well, that's the thing about message boards, if someone doesn't want to answer a question they don't have to!

I have 3 home resorts: 1 AKV contract, 4 BWV contracts and 2 VGF contracts. I have 3 UYs.

They were purchased over time -all cash purchases - starting with the AKV contract and finishing with the VGF contracts. All resale with some pre-dating the April 2016 restrictions.

None of my contracts exceeds 200 points. The reasons for having several small contracts are:
  1. I wanted to start slow and get to know DVC before making a huge investment.
  2. I wanted to pay cash for each purchase.
  3. I wanted to be able to "downsize" easily by selling the smaller contracts one by one if I felt the need.
  4. I wanted to be able to give my children the contracts if I still own them at the end of my life.

860 points, 7 contracts

200 AK
200 SSR
160 AK
50 AK
50 AK
100 AK
100 AK

200 AK were the original points. The 50 point contracts were direct add ons. Then we went resale for the rest.

2 contracts.

I'd be willing to add a small (less than 100 point) AKV resale contract, but not at current prices/demand. I'll wait until the next downturn. AKV is our fallback 7 month resort. We love it there. We'd love a shot at value/concierge here and there.
Do you think there will be a downturn in the fall?

p.s. I like where you're at, too!

600 Aulani Resale Feb uy
500 VGF Resale June uy

(Wanted different use years because we travel at different times to FL vs HI)

Get in line to tell me how much I'm going to regret those contract sizes one day. But we got great deals so it was worth it and we have zero thought to ever sell them.

Although I will say that with the 7 mo window becoming (at least for the times I need and my first choice resorts) impossible, I think I will regret not getting like 250 VGF and 250 VGC or BCV and banking/borrowing every other. But I love VGF and I think we'll do fine if ever want to trade or rent.

Thing is, it's seems like a lot of points on the surface but it's really not even enough points for a 2 bedroom at peak times for a week at either place in a good view category.
NEVER REGRET! Sounds amazing to me! Enjoy!

Well, that's the thing about message boards, if someone doesn't want to answer a question they don't have to!

I have 3 home resorts: 1 AKV contract, 4 BWV contracts and 2 VGF contracts. I have 3 UYs.

They were purchased over time -all cash purchases - starting with the AKV contract and finishing with the VGF contracts. All resale with some pre-dating the April 2016 restrictions.

None of my contracts exceeds 200 points. The reasons for having several small contracts are:
  1. I wanted to start slow and get to know DVC before making a huge investment.
  2. I wanted to pay cash for each purchase.
  3. I wanted to be able to "downsize" easily by selling the smaller contracts one by one if I felt the need.
  4. I wanted to be able to give my children the contracts if I still own them at the end of my life.
Thanks for your response! Your four points really make sense to me!

We have 3. The addiction in our house is bad.

We started with 210 BLT points for MK/monorail access even though we love Poly more but couldn't justify the cost. This was just prior to the April 4, 2016 change on Membership Extras.

We picked up 200 BCV points a few months later primarily for Food and Wine.

And this year we snagged a decent deal on 320 AKV points because this is becoming my favorite chill out/less parks resort.

All were resale.
We are hoping our contract passes ROFR on BCV! We also chose that resort for Food & Wine...and Star Wars!
THANKS for the response!

860 points, 7 contracts

200 AK
200 SSR
160 AK
50 AK
50 AK
100 AK
100 AK

200 AK were the original points. The 50 point contracts were direct add ons. Then we went resale for the rest.
Awesome! We've stayed at AK twice (maybe 3 times?) and loved it. Truly a magical place.

Do you think there will be a downturn in the fall?

p.s. I like where you're at, too!
Not necessarily, but I'm in no hurry. If a good AKV contract comes up at a good price, I'll bid on it.

But. I'm not biting at $100 firm AKV contracts and I'm not gonna get in a bidding war.

Eventually, there'll be a downturn and I'm more or less recession resistant.

We recently added our 5th contract, but they all have the same UY, so we just have one membership #.

210-OKW
50-HHI
100-HHI
100-BCV
75-BCV

2 contracts, both resale, first set is the 'grandfathered' set so we can get DVC AP's, etc.

250 OKW, bought in 2008, Dec. UY
100 BWV, bought in 2014, Apr. UY

We use the OKW points to book at other resorts 7mths out for our yearly February or April school vacations.

BWV, we bought to have the 11 mth booking option. We like to be near Epcot during festivals--Food and Wine during Columbus day weekend and Thanksgiving time for the Christmas stuff. Plan is to use those pts every other year. We used them for a 2 bedroom standard view Thanksgiving in 2015 and are using the pts for boardwalk view studio for this Columbus day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!