How many days away before you start packing?

dizzydrop

Mouseketeer
We're 48 days from our trip and I just wanna pack now. Dh thinks I'm crazy but I'm so excited I just wanna now!!! I think I pretty much eat, sleep, breathe Disney lately. Does anyone else pack this soon yet??

I start getting my list together around that time. When we were 35 days out I packed up the kids and now am working on some of my stuff. My husband laughs but He knows it cuts down on last minute stress for me.

I want to pack now too! But I'm still in the 70s for my countdown.

But what I do is around this time (actually I just started today!) I make lists of exactly what I want to pack and highlight the things I still need to buy so that I know exactly what will need to go where, how much room I have left in my suitcase/carry-on, and what I need to budget if there are big purchases that need to be bought.

I do have my small carry-on bag (a large purse really) that has things I only need for Disney in it (headphone splitter, ME packet, neck pillow for the plane) just so I know where those are when I need to pack them and it helps me to figure out if I want to take the small carry-on bag as a personal item or my larger one.

Then I start packing the other stuff in little increments over that last month or so before I'm going, just so any last minute items are known about BEFORE the night before and I can focus on the house being clean and everything thrown away before we leave.

But also I'm just a crazy planner :)

If you are crazy, then I am NUTS! I've been setting stuff aside since we've been booked. We're at 110 days now. I really dislike the last minute rush (and there always is, regardless...) BUT, knowing that we already have the things makes the few days before a lot more relaxing and tolerable.

I usually pack our family of 5 the morning of. Sometimes, if I'm really on top of my game, I'll start the night before. We always leave around 4pm, so there's plenty of time :)

I usually start making a list a month ahead of stuff I do not want to forget. I pack the day before we leave.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

About 6 weeks before our trips I put our suitcases in the upstairs hallway sitting open. Then as I think of things I or as I buy things I just toss them into the cases. About a week before the trip I sort it all out and organise it. I like seeing those cases sitting there with sunscreen, beach towels and stuffed Disney toys in them. Its part of the excitement of waiting for the big day to arrive!:woohoo:

We're 48 days from our trip and I just wanna pack now. Dh thinks I'm crazy but I'm so excited I just wanna now!!! I think I pretty much eat, sleep, breathe Disney lately. Does anyone else pack this soon yet??

I put the suitcases out on the spare bed one month before the trip, take the new stuff I have bought out of the closet and start putting in the suitcases. I have already put several outfits in the cases , plus misc, things like visers, hats, personal care products, ponchos etc.

We usually start with cloths 3-4 days before and them last min stuff the morning of like pills and stuff we need to use daily

45 days is a good time for us to start packing. Ds1 and DS2 are still growing, so I need time to shop for new swim trunks, shorts, shoes, and possibly order something online without worrying about the delivery time.

I'm in the gathering stage! I've been collecting things I need to pack and putting them in my 31 large utility tote. I'll probably start packing for real next Thursday. We leave at 4am Saturday April 4!

I get my suitcases out around 6 weeks out and start throwing things in/ putting clothes into the spare bedroom closet for things I want to keep clean and wrinkle free. I organized toiletries and that sort of thing this weekend I leave in 19 days, will do the majority of my packing the weekend prior to leaving as I head to the airport after work on a Saturday for my early morning flight on Sunday

I started setting things aside 60 days out. My DH is actually fully packed, and I am the fanatic in this household! I have begun to set items I am unlikely to need in a bag, but my packing is still a little while off. We are going in 40 days.

Um, the night before? We are over 130 days out. I am mentally preparing in my mind what I would like to wear, what my teenager would like to wear, and, well, my husband, he is on his own. I will actually pack, the day before, after getting laundry done so we have the clean clothes. We are driving for the first time, as we now live in Florida, so, this actually gives me the opportunity to bring more stuff! I am also mentally making my list to get dollar store ponchos, sunscreen, and case of bottled water for our room.

The next thing, shoes. I am, and so is my daughter, on the hunt for 2 pairs each of comfortable walking shoes, as we do not like to wear just plain tennis shoes. Those will be purchased at a minimum of 30 days out, so they can be broke in, before we arrive.

My husband packs before we get into the car that morning, but he packs with the precision of a military drill sargeant, so, what can I say.

I pack everyone up the night before and I mean about 9pm. That way I know it'll stay packed!

Also varies for me! For this upcoming trip we are 9 days out and I have my bag out with stuff I want to pack piled on top of the BAg. Bc we are only for 3 nights, DH and I are each only doing carry on bags. Some things just can't be packed until day of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!