How many days away before you start packing?

I fly down this Thursday and haven't packed yet :P
Normally I'm a big planner, not this time I guess.

I am 31 days out and I am resisting the urge to pack for fear of ridicule from the misses. She isn't even going on this trip with me but I want to start assembling my clothes and my various accessories that I need such as my battery chargers and various cables. I also have my Amazon Prime Now cart filling up because as I think of things I add them.

Yikes! I never knew people waited til the day before to pack!!!! I would panic.
I always pull out the suitcases 2 or 3 months ahead of time, and as I gather things, I put them in, as I think of them.
I also put clothes I think we might need in.
Then about 2 weeks before, I audit the clothes and remove about half of them. I still find I have packed way too many clothes anyway:(
Then the night before I finalize everything once again.
I would panic if I waited til right before. Right now we have 2 weeks to go and I am packing up a lot of things right now.
Can't wait!!!!!

We're 51 days out and I'm just browsing Amazon for some last minute items I want to get shipped to our resort. I won't start packing until we're 2 days out from our trip though and I know my husband will pack the morning of because he is the ultimate procrastinator.

all depends on the time of year. when its summer, just a day or two before. in the winter, when our summer clothes aren't going to be used at home, then I can pack everything but undies a week in advance

I bought the kids each a special piece of luggage, special pjs, special shirts and swimwear. They are all packed aside from shorts, pants underware and socks. Ive been purchasing things on clearance for 2 yrs now. When are we going....well nothing is official but Jan 2019

I pack when I get home from work, grab a few hours sleep and then we load up and away we go!

I packed for myself about 60 days out but I cheat. Got to have socks buy new ones and toss them in. Same for underwear and since I wear t-shirts in the park lets buy 14 new ones and toss them in. Buy new shaving gear and toss in. I drive my daughter crazy she asked me if anything in my bag was old. Nope

I packed this past Saturday and I leave this coming Saturday. So... a week, I guess!

I have a "Disney bin", which contains all my go-to items to bring on our trips other than clothes, shoes, my make-up, autograph book, mousekeeping tip envelopes, new itinerary, and sunscreen. The bin contains things like misting fans, pop-up hamper, ziploc bags, Frogg Togg towels, band-aids, Disney light-up toys/lanyard, pennies for pressing, trading pins and lanyards, over-the-door storage thing, ponchos, soft soap, etc. This has cut down how far in advance I pull out the luggage to start the packing process.
I usually start putting things together in the luggage about two weeks out. I then keep a checklist with the luggage and mark things off as they're packed. This prevents me from second guessing myself about what's made it into the suitcase.
The bin started out due to laziness. I hadn't totally put everything away after a trip and ended up throwing it together in the bin.

I have a document that's my list that I just update each year as our needs for the kids change. I have a couple of small bags that always just stay packed that have specific travel stuff that I don't unpack (specific park things like ponchos, the toiletries bags, etc.)

I start a box a few months before that are just things that I think of as I go out shopping (plane activities, dollar store stuff, etc), but I don't do the REAL packing until the day before because I need ALL the options of clothes and stuff before I pack. Two days before I wash all the clothes, and then I have everything to choose from. The day before, I lay out all the stuff and pack, and then the night before I can make any last minute run outs to grab stuff I might have forgotten at the drug store.

We have been doing a mid-afternoon flight in recent years, so our flight is at 2:30, so we don't leave the house until 11-11:30, which makes a HUGE difference, because it's so easy to add in those last minute items.

55 day till Disney. If it wasn't summer I would start packing soon, but I am still actively wearing most of the wardrobe I will be taking with me. I will likely start a list and a non-clothing pile in the next few weeks but likely will not actually tack the clothing until the weekend before we leave.

I start several months before our trip picking up things here and there for my park bag, first aid kit, etc. I have a box that I toss these items in. That way it isn't a lot of money at one time to buy these items. I will start packing this stuff a couple of weeks before hand and then my clothing and toiletries I will do a couple of days before we leave.

We are 36 days away from our trip, and I usually start packing about a week in advance.

We are 33 days out, I bought new sneakers and currently wearing them to break them in, I bought brand new sock and under-britches, they are in the suitcase. I also bought new shorts, local store was having a great sale (buy one, get two free). They are in the suitcase. I have started setting personal goodies aside, like shampoo and hairclips, in my retro vanity case. Normally I usually start packing about two weeks before but this is our honeymoon and we are leaving the Sunday after the wedding. Plus we are driving down from Pennsylvania, so I need to have all my ducks in a row.

I am hopefully having the majority of everything packed up a week before we go, except for toiletries. I'll have all of my gallon plastic bags ready to go for those as soon as I'm finished with each item, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!