How many days for Legoland?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
Our 2 boys will be 9 and 6 when we take a summer trip next year. Both our boys are HUGE Lego fans. I think it would be great to stay at the Legoland Hotel for a day or 2. Since it is pretty expensive, do you think 1 night is enough or should we do 2 nights? We will add something more to our vacation - still trying to decide if we want to do Disney or maybe San Diego or even something else. All I know is if we don't go to Legoland my little one would never talk to us again! Hehehe. So, what do you think? Is 1 day enough to get it done, or should we do 2? Thanks.

We were just at LEGOLAND in July. Went for one day and it was enough. Our daughter found the rides a bit babyish, she's 10 and she doesn't like roller coasters/fast rides and I was pretty surprised she found the rides a little disappointing. Once she found the waterpark, that's all she wanted to do. We did not stay at the LEGOLAND hotel. We were in San Diego area for Comic Con and went to some other places like the Zoo. We did go into the hotel to check it out and, IMO, glad we weren't staying there. There was one restaurant, a buffet. Husband walked in to check it out, YUCK is what he said. I know it's all about the kids, but it was just sooooo many running everywhere and so loud. I felt like it was more amusement park than hotel, if that makes sense.

We have annual passes and although Legoland has gotten much busier over the years, it's still nowhere near Disneyland. You could enjoy the park in one day but if your kids LOVE lego, 2 days might be a good way to go so you're not rushing through the rides. You mentioned that you're planning to go next summer. Legoland has a really nice waterpark that our kids love so even you do end up going two days and you actually finish the park in one day, you could dedicate the second day to the water park and maybe riding some of the favorites rides a second time.

I would say Legoland is not worth it. I would use the money to purchase more Legos instead of visiting Legoland.

While I agree that Legoland is not my favorite park at all, my kids love it. If you decide to do it I think you can do it in a day. The park is not that big and as long as you are not there during a super busy day you can see everything. The one hard part will be the lines - though they may not look long, the lines for rides move slower than the big ferris wheel at your county fair and it can feel even longer because they move so slowly it feels like you are standing still. (Much like being behind an accident on the freeway for me.) We do our best to have fun and chat with our family in line but there is a limit where everyone is tired of lines.

Maybe a good strategy would be to ride the rides early and then spend busier parts of the day wandering around looking at exhibits and playing other places.

Be sure to see the Star Wars scenes if your kids would enjoy that. This was our boys' favorite part of the park.

My nephews loved Legoland at that age. It's a big park, and they also have a small aquarium and a waterpark connected. I would recommend two days at Legoland, but one night at the hotel should suffice. There is so much to see for the rest of your trip, whether you head to San Diego or up to Anaheim & Los Angeles. Legoland is in Carlsbad, which is about 20 minutes or so from San Diego. I'm just thinking two days for the things your boys would like to do again before you move on to the next portion of your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter