How Many Days Will be Added to AP?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
If we count July 15 as the day all of WDW is open it would appear that the parks would have been closed for 117 days. If they tack those days on to our APs that expire Oct 28 then our APs would still be in force for our Feb trip, a pretty big deal for us. Anyone know what the day count will be?

Bill From PA

:offtopic: Stopping to say hello, Bill. Good to see you. Hope you and family are all staying well and healthy.

And I do not have an answer to your question, but sounds correct.

It’s rumoured the clock for AP’s may not start until after the opening date, making our extensions longer. In Shanghai they are apparently also including the period where you have to make reservations to enter as part of the extension.

So we don’t know yet. But possibly longer than the time between closing and reopening. Sounds like your Feb trip would be covered either way, from what we know.

Last edited:

It’s rumoured the clock for AP’s may not start until after the opening date, making our extensions are longer. In Shanghai they are apparently also including the period where you have to make reservations to enter as part of the extension.

So we don’t know yet. But possibly longer than the time between closing and reopening. Sounds like your Feb trip would be covered either way, from what we know.

Fingers crossed. We're staying in Davenport, 20 mins from Disney for 3 weeks starting Feb 17 so if they start counting July 15 we'll get 6 days in WDW, more if the clock starts later.

Bill From PA

Bill, I come up with July 15 as being closed for 121 days.

Check my math if you're so inclined.

WDW closed on 3/15.

They were closed 16 days in March, 30 in April, 31 in May, 30 in June, and 14 in July (depending on how they figure the start date). That totals 121.

Bill, I come up with July 15 as being closed for 121 days.

Check my math if you're so inclined.

WDW closed on 3/15.

They were closed 16 days in March, 30 in April, 31 in May, 30 in June, and 14 in July (depending on how they figure the start date). That totals 121.
I used one of those days between dates thing on the internet, I do like your math better!

Bill From PA

Fingers crossed. We're staying in Davenport, 20 mins from Disney for 3 weeks starting Feb 17 so if they start counting July 15 we'll get 6 days in WDW, more if the clock starts later.

Bill From PA
I think we need an updated picture of you and Carl in masks? I'll be cancelling our October 21 - 29 BCV trip this year. I'm not real optimistic about F&W and the concerts we enjoy! Good luck with
whatever added days you get on your AP!

While I hope they decide to reword things and do what Shanghai is doing which imho may be my deciding factor as to keeping my AP or getting the partial refund right now PAID IN FULL APs will be extended for any active (non blackout) dates between March 16-July 11 (or pass expiration day if it falls in the window)

It may also depend on what type of AP you have.

We are DVC owners, so we have a Gold AP. Will Disney take out the 14 blackout days around Easter?

It’s rumoured the clock for AP’s may not start until after the opening date, making our extensions longer. In Shanghai they are apparently also including the period where you have to make reservations to enter as part of the extension.

Also, Shanghai is limiting APs to one visit/week right now. We don't know how WDW is going to handle AP reservations yet.

what a disaster....The Opening should be called what it is ....a complete watered down version for the same price,,pathetic!

It may also depend on what type of AP you have.

We are DVC owners, so we have a Gold AP. Will Disney take out the 14 blackout days around Easter?
14 blackout days for spring break NOT part of extension last I heard since not active days

Also, Shanghai is limiting APs to one visit/week right now. We don't know how WDW is going to handle AP reservations yet.

Given that Shanghai is only one park, I would assume that given that situation at WDW, it would be each park once per week....not just one visit per week? Surely that would be the case, right?

Or, maybe they'll just do that for folks without resort reservations....ie, locals?

Given that Shanghai is only one park, I would assume that given that situation at WDW, it would be each park once per week....not just one visit per week? Surely that would be the case, right?

Or, maybe they'll just do that for folks without resort reservations....ie, locals?

I honestly have no idea what they will do. However, I have been telling people on here for the last few weeks that they might cancel everything and start from scratch when they open. But that was kind of a pessimistic guess. They could do 1 visit/park/week. It makes sense. I do think they will compensate people in some way if it's really restrictive. I don't want people to freak out, but the idea has been in the back of my head so that I could be prepared for possible eventualities. I have been trying to watch what they were dong in Shanghai, because I figured it was the best example of what they may do here.

I would hope it’s one visit to each park otherwise between race weekend probably being canceled by the end of the weekend, our ADRs canceled and no FP+ what would the point be of still keeping our November trip in the books?

I would hope it’s one visit to each park otherwise between race weekend probably being canceled by the end of the weekend, our ADRs canceled and no FP+ what would the point be of still keeping our November trip in the books?

Agree, and that would mean that I would have paid a whole lot of money for AP's for my family for one single park day the entire year (we are supposed to be there right now on a trip that got cancelled). It's already bad enough that we'll only "presumably" get 4 park days out of our AP's.

I would be very unhappy if the passes “resume” on 7/15. The majority of us will not be able to get a reservation so the AP isn’t really valid for use. We also are locked out right now from making onsite hotel reservations which also locks us out of park attendance. I don’t think it would be fair of Disney to let the time run out on our passes while blocking us from the parks.

Ok, so anyone wanna check my math
WDW closed March 15th so everyone's clock should start March 16th
My Gold AP expired May 14th
There was a block out date during the closure (spring break) April 4 through 17 that's 14 days
So technically I would get 60 days of closure - 14 days blockout= 46 days right?
So I actually renewed my pass to Silver now, knowing full well that blockout dates for Silver go basically all Summer (that's the only difference between silver and gold, all other blockout dates are the same) so technically when the parks reopen, lets say they say the clock for ap start again on July 15th I would get those 46 days added and that would put me through the Summer blockout dates for Silver. I'm saving about $25 from my downgrade of ap, but I think the math is right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!