How Many Hours At Tokyo Sea?

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
How many hours do you really need at Tokyo Sea? We will be in Japan 7 or 8 days, I can't remember for sure. So hoping to go to Disney Sea, but want to do other stuff too. We aren't big ride people. So one or two rides would prob do for us. Is it worth it to actually go since prob won't get back that way for a long time after

Tokyo Disneysea is a beautiful park. Even if you just go on one or two attractions, I feel that it would take a full day to soak up the atmosphere of each port of call. Food's good too. I would say one day. If you have a super packed schedule, I would suggest you head to Disneysea at night cause it is brilliant at night. However, be warned, you would wish you had more time in the park.

I would recommend a minimum of 1 day, so it's hard to consider reducing it to "hours." :)

But I realize we all have to allocate our limited travel time. So what I'd recommend doing is planning to go first thing in the morning, and also plan on some optional activities you wouldn't be too disappointed if you ended skipping them.

You may decide once you're in the park you'd like to spend the full day there. In which case you're just missing out on optional stuff.

And if you're ready to leave after a partial day, then you've already worked out where to go next that day.

Thanks for the info everyone. We will try to get there just with so much to do and so little time hard to do. That's why we are only going to Disneysea if possible

If you only plan to ride maybe two rides I would recommend either the Starlight Passport or After 6 pm passport

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/night/index.html

The tickets are cheaper (as you don't spend the whole day in the park) and allow you to spend your morning and or afternoon to do something else if you are crunched for time.

You won't be able to see as much structural detail at Tokyo DisneySea in the evening (as it does get pretty dark in some areas) but when the lights come on (especially the outside of Mermaid's Lagoon) it brings a more beautiful touch you won't see during the day.

Here's my experience when I visited in September 2012. We were there almost from open (we arrived about 45 minutes-1 hours after opening) to closing. It was a relatively slow day, according to the forecast websites. We were able get a Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania as soon as we arrived (it was almost 11am and the return time was 8pm) and Journey to the Center of the Earth (however, the stand-by line was a 30 minute wait in the mid afternoon). We were unable to explore the entire park in the amount of time spent there. We weren't able to explore Mermaid Lagoon and Arabian Coast.

Not an easy question to answer (other than you must go). Having just been there a month ago, we enjoyed our full day and parts of two others in the park. We too didn't get to see everything or all of the shows completely (could have tried harder thou).

As you are in the vicinity, you need to visit the park at all cost. As Teslacar said, its a beautiful park and one that most who have visited will say is their favorite. I agree with them as well having been to all 11 Disney Parks (Disneyland a close second). With that said, any time you spend in the park (full day or hours) will not be enough.

As with most unique Disney experiences, enjoy the moment.

Any Disney fan should go see Disney Sea. There is no debate about that.... you can do the entire park in one day if it's not super busy.

I've been to Tokyo twice recently, and another time years ago. I like Tokyo, really I do, but ultimately I'm not so sure there is any one thing worth missing Disney Sea for, and I seriously love Japanese food and culture and have explored quite a bit of Tokyo. TDS will be a highlight for you. Go early, before the park opens, and give yourself the option of staying all day. I am guessing you'll stay.

We did 2 days in TDS and one in TDL and it wasn't enough (IMO). We're headed back next summer ('15) for 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter