How many hours between ADRs?

dorospin

Mouseketeer
If we are having brunch at 11:45am, when would you make the dinner ADR? Adults and kids. Thanks!!

We don't do more than 1 TS per day. If we were doing 2, I would do an 8:00 breakfast and a 5:00 dinner or something like that.

I wouldn't either. We typically skip breakfast and do either a TS lunch or dinner and then the other meal is either something small from a QS place or a snack. Most food at WDW is very heavy and the portions are very large.

We went during Thanksgiving and I made 2 ADRs several days. I knew it would be very busy and I didn't want to wait in line for QS. I tried to make ADRs at least 6-7 hours apart. A couple of times, my husband and I still weren't hungry for the second meal. (The kids were always hungry though! :) )

Thanks all! We are going with a multi generational group so different eating schedules.

I have a brunch ADR currently set for 12:50 and have decided to "wing" it for any further eating on the day since our park day will be at Epcot. Travelling with 3 children who range in ages from 9 to 17 years old.

We only do 1 TS a day. Too much time and usually too much food.

We made a terrible mistake last trip by booking lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby (around 1 pm) and dinner at Cali Grill (around 9 pm) ON THE SAME DAY. Even 8 hours apart, it was waaaaaaay toooooo muuuuuuuch.

Never again - one table service meal per day for me! Lesson learned!

Another person who does not make 2 ADR's for TS on the same day, the only exception being an early breakfast followed by a dinner around 20:00 or later. We stopped doing the deluxe plan because of the monstrous amount of food involved.

We don't do more than 1 TS per day. If we were doing 2, I would do an 8:00 breakfast and a 5:00 dinner or something like that.

That's sort of what we typically do. TS breakfast between 8-9:30 and dinner after 7 pm. If we're hungry during the day (though we rarely are), we would just get a snack or something small at QS. Most meals are too big for me to do 3 in a day or less than 9-10 hours between. If you want to do meals that close together because someone needs to eat at regular times, opt for a couple of appetizers or appetizer/salad at one of them or do a series of QS/snacks during the day. Many of the TS entrees are large.

I've found 6 hours is pretty much perfect between meals. On my last trip we did 2TS a day and felt best leaving 6 hours between meals. We did not really feel like snacking in between. The one set I had 5 hours apart I wasn't quite as hungry as I could be for dinner. The one that was 7 hours apart we were both STARVING and it was to the point of waiting too long to eat. If we had done a snack it would have been ok but with all the walking I found 7 hours too much. that is ADR to ADR time, not end of meal to beginning of next meal.

with 11:45 I'd prob do around 6pm for dinner.

The one thing is we didn't in general absolutely stuff ourselves to the gills and try to get the most for our money. But 6 hours between meals was just about right when we did 2TS a day where I'm sure we ate more than at a typical meal.

I find 2TS a day perfect if you're doing a long park day. The time to sit and recharge is invaluable. If you're doing a short park day it might take too much time out of the day but we were going early to late and there's no way we could have done that without the nice, long breaks. It depends on touring style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!