How many is too many?

We typically choose 1 TS a day.. dinner or late lunch. Tried doing breakfast but it seemed wasteful in both food ( rather have a yogurt or an oatmeal) and time.. less busy in am than mid day for lines.
Our TS time allows us to rest/cool Down/regroup and actually enjoy a fav dining establishment, then continue.
Typically a Qs for lunch.. or fav snack
Imho 2-3 TS was so Overwhelming with both food and loss of park time/fun. Been there done that, don’t recommend unless someone is a total foodie.

Enjoy ur visit.. and the food :)

I just want to point out that the time of year can make a difference in how many ADRs I make.
During certain times of the winter it's not really necessary to make any for lunch excepting Sunday brunch. During the humidity and heat of July finding an eating haven with air conditioning is bliss and can make the difference between wandering the park longer or going back to the resort and jumping in the pool.

We usually have one table service meal per day. Food is a big deal to me. I love to eat and since I spend so much time trying to eat healthy, I go all out on vacations. I usually pick a time that I think will work with our standard touring style. Besides, it feels so good to get out of the heat and sit down for a while.

There is an exception for MK days. I book ADRs for both Liberty Tree Tavern and BOG restaurant. I don't care for the food at BOG but the cupcakes, with the special grey stuff, are delicious! Yes, we do go in and order just cupcakes. :)

There is an exception for MK days. I book ADRs for both Liberty Tree Tavern and BOG restaurant. I don't care for the food at BOG but the cupcakes, with the special grey stuff, are delicious! Yes, we do go in and order just cupcakes. :)

Get those cupcakes while you still can...won't be an option anymore after July 26th.

The first time we went it was only me and my wife. We didn't do any dining reservations which I think was a mistake. Now we do 3-4 reservations for a 6-7 day trip so we have the flexibility to go to a random sit down restaurant. We definitely make reservations for restaurants we know are popular like the Be Our Guest restaurant.

It really is up to you. On our next trip we are staying 12 days and doing 14 ADR's. A TS meal is a good way to get out of the heat and rest, and remember you do have to eat. We still tend to do a lot of character meals and remember a character meal where they come to you can save you 1-3 hours of standing in the sun in a line.

I really appreciate all the great feedback I am getting on this question. There are a lot of wonderful ideas here.

We usually book a couple of PPO breakfasts and a couple of dinners. It's nice to not have to try and decide where you want to eat all the time. We are a counter service family at home, too, so it is nice to have a few meals where we can sit back and relax :)

We tried to have about one reservation per day, one day we didn't have one and we ordered pizza in our room. We booked the dining more to be our character experiences rather than wait in line to visit characters, so it was a good way for us to "keep disney going"!

DH and I aren’t what we’d call foodies but we love food and love to try new and interesting dishes - an interesting feat when I have a shellfish allergy. We have the DxDP for this reason. The majority of our dinners will be signature and will have breakfast ADRs as well. Since it’s just the two of us we don’t feel the push of doing everything and we love a food-centric vacation which is why we are also going in September for F&W. Some say book minimal ADRs, I say book what works for you guys.

The first time we went it was only me and my wife. We didn't do any dining reservations which I think was a mistake. Now we do 3-4 reservations for a 6-7 day trip so we have the flexibility to go to a random sit down restaurant. We definitely make reservations for restaurants we know are popular like the Be Our Guest restaurant.
Same. I'm a planner through and through and would much rather have ADR's all booked prior to our trip. My Husband is the type who like to wonder and eat wherever the mood strikes, unless it's full... then he settles for whatever is near by (I hate this tactic). So we strike a balance of 3-4 ADR on a 7 day trip which allows us both to be happy, mostly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!