How many kids would be too many for you?

Well going to buck the trend. We have 4 plus 4 long term foster placements we hope to adopt.
Always fun to see another foster parent's perspective. We have 4 permanent (2 bio, 2 adopted). We have had up to 7 at once, and it wasn't too bad. So maybe 8? But that's only if the others are older. I can't do diapers anymore. I am so over that phase. Bring on the teens!

Mine are grown with kids of their own, but we have two.

Our first was a boy, our second a girl. We said there’s nothing left to have so we were happy and done with one of each. :-)

Now if our second would have been a boy I’m not sure if we would have had a third. Maybe. But definitely would have stopped after 3.

I had 2 and they were 13 months apart, and it felt like I was always pregnant. Then I got pregnant with twin boys and I lost them both. That was heart breaking, so 2 was plenty for me.

We have 4. I love having my 4. When we had 3 I still had this want for one more then after our fourth was born I felt yep our family is complete. So 5 is my answer.

Always fun to see another foster parent's perspective. We have 4 permanent (2 bio, 2 adopted). We have had up to 7 at once, and it wasn't too bad. So maybe 8? But that's only if the others are older. I can't do diapers anymore. I am so over that phase. Bring on the teens!
I was so happy to be past the diaper phase too!

I think timing matters as much as numbers. I have three and that's worked out well. If having the 3rd hadn't been such a production, we might even have decided to go for a 4th. But if having the 3rd hadn't been such a production - she came along almost 4 years later than planned - three would have been a real handful! It was the gap between them that made it as easy as it was, easy enough that we thought about having one more so DD10 would have a close-in-age sibling.

ETA: That's for kids I've raised since birth. We currently have 5 kids in our home, the other two being kids we invited into our home when their family situations became untenable, and that's probably my limit. My house just isn't big enough for any more people! But they were both teens when they came into our home, and I'd take teens over toddlers any day so my "limit" for birthing children and raising them from the start has always been lower than my tolerance for becoming a second mother to the older kids in our lives who need a bit of extra support.

Well I am the youngest of 6 (all girls) but we stopped at 3. The third was quite a handful. My sister had the same experience with her third, as did one of my nephews (the rest of my family members stopped at 2).

I had 4 and that was too many.

Of course, I wouldn’t trade them for anything, but I think 2 would have been perfect.

We have 3 but I think 4 would be a nice balance. We’re sticking with 3 so... 4/5 is too many.

I forgot the too many part in my earlier reply. I would say 27 kids would be way over our limit........:dance3:
In my family three kids is a small family. My great aunt had 10 surviving children and one that passed at birth. I have a cousin who has nine and the vast majority of my cousins have at least five. My maternal grandmother was the oldest of seven. My paternal grandmother had four and one that passed. I’m sure she would have had more if medically safe. As it was her house was always FULL of kids, grandkids and neighborhood kids. Kids always came from her house filthy and exhausted. We/they couldn’t keep up with HER.
I think timing matters as much as numbers. I have three and that's worked out well. If having the 3rd hadn't been such a production, we might even have decided to go for a 4th. But if having the 3rd hadn't been such a production - she came along almost 4 years later than planned - three would have been a real handful! It was the gap between them that made it as easy as it was, easy enough that we thought about having one more so DD10 would have a close-in-age sibling.

ETA: That's for kids I've raised since birth. We currently have 5 kids in our home, the other two being kids we invited into our home when their family situations became untenable, and that's probably my limit. My house just isn't big enough for any more people! But they were both teens when they came into our home, and I'd take teens over toddlers any day so my "limit" for birthing children and raising them from the start has always been lower than my tolerance for becoming a second mother to the older kids in our lives who need a bit of extra support.
See, now the gap between my oldest and younger two made it difficult. Nine and half years between them so I had angsty tween/teen and terrible twos/rotten threes at the same time. Was a very rough patch for me. It’s awesome now though. She’s like a third parent/big sister/best friend all rolled into one for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!