How many kids would be too many for you?

I have 4. Wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure if we had gotten a surprise or two, we would have managed. I think most people are happy with their number, even if their number is 0.

I think that's a very good point. I've never know anyone who actually wanted to give the last one back!

That said, I have an only, and I don't think I would have been as a good a mom to more. Dividing my attention between people has always been difficult for me, and I think balancing the needs of children at different ages would have been stressful. I'm sure if there had been a surprise, I would have loved them, but there are a lot of things I was able to do with DS that I probably wouldn't have been able to do with more.

We have 5 (19 year age difference between oldest and youngest). I would have liked 6 (prefer even numbers) but the 5th pregnancy became high risk and it wasn't safe for me to have another child. For us, 7 would have been too many. Love having a big family -- so much laughter when we're all together.

I always said no more than two, because that’s how many I can grab at once. But we wound up with one, and that works fine for us.

I had three and my husband had three when we married and we added one more. When you jump from three to six, having a seventh was a pretty smooth transition. We decided that was enough for financial reasons, but we always seem to have the kids’ friends over; I’m use to having a full house. DH and I have discussed possibly becoming foster parents after our own are older/move out on their own.

Hmmm.....6 would be my max I would feel comfortable with. We have 3. Two bio and one adopted. We thought of adopting one more but, for various reasons, it didn't happen.

One. DH & I are more than happy with our 90 pound yellow lab. He goes to school (doggie daycare), doesn't have a job, seeks attention constantly, but gives us unconditional love and happiness...so he's pretty much our child. Just haven't figured out how to declare him a dependent on our taxes yet. :rotfl:

One. DH & I are more than happy with our 90 pound yellow lab. He goes to school (doggie daycare), doesn't have a job, seeks attention constantly, but gives us unconditional love and happiness...so he's pretty much our child. Just haven't figured out how to declare him a dependent on our taxes yet. :rotfl:

That's awesome. I forgot to count our chocolate lab. So sad, we had to say goodbye to him just before Christmas. We miss him so much. Like yours, he loved getting and giving attention from not only us in the house, but there wasn't a kid in the neighborhood that didn't love Samson!

I wanted one... DH really wanted another, and we got twins!!! I can’t imagine my life without all three of my guys now...no way could I have handled more!

Hmmm.....6 would be my max I would feel comfortable with. We have 3. Two bio and one adopted. We thought of adopting one more but, for various reasons, it didn't happen.
I’ve been reading all the replies and this was going to be my answer. I’d feel perfectly okay with six. We have three. Those three are miracles. It took me many years and many miscarriages to get those three. We decided after the twins that we were done because we were getting old and we didn’t know if all my problems were “fixed” or if we’d be heading down the recurrent miscarriage path again. Three is such a blessing. I would never have guessed I’d have two, let alone three children, but I feel I could have easily managed six.

This is almost exactly what I was going to type. I had a singleton first, then twins. The doctor told me my chances of having another set of twins was very high, so we didn’t go for another. 5 just seemed like too many should it happen!
My doctor said this too.

We have 4 after originally saying we wanted 2 maybe 3. After having 4, another one or 2 would have been fine-the more we had the easier it was-really.

They all really love each other and enjoy being together.

Having all 4 in 7 years, these years have flown by. Would not have minded another one or two kids.

But they do get expensive! That's why we stopped at 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!