How many medallion machines are there and where are they located?

Floppy-Dee33

Registered
Do you think we can expect more?
I honestly like this trend better than pressed pennies so I hope it becomes an option for a lot of attractions and resorts.

Are you referring to the machines that will make you a pressed penny for a dollar, and they supply the penny and accept credit cards?

I, on the other hand, hope they will keep a decent amount of pressed coin machines around and not switch to primarily or all medallions. First, the medallions are $5.00 each or 3 for $10.00, which seems expensive to me. (I know some of the coin presses were more expensive, but some were still just a dollar, plus the penny.) Secondly, I feel like they've removed the "experience" and now it's just a different pre-made souvenir to buy. We like watching the coin (or the blank disk, although we prefer the real coin) being pressed. That's part of the fun! :)

We were planning on pressed pennies too! Haven't been there in a couple of years- am I reading correctly that we do not need to bring the pennies? And what is the cost? $1 per penny? I thought it was fifty cents- maybe I am remembering a different park! Just want to make sure I am planning properly for my son- he is excited to pick some "pennies".

We were planning on pressed pennies too! Haven't been there in a couple of years- am I reading correctly that we do not need to bring the pennies? And what is the cost? $1 per penny? I thought it was fifty cents- maybe I am remembering a different park! Just want to make sure I am planning properly for my son- he is excited to pick some "pennies".
We have always brought our own pennies. The machines do not dispense pennies. We like to collect new pennies prior to going. Shiny ones work better. The pressed pennies are $0.50. The pressed quarters are more, like $1-2. The parks have them, but don’t forget that most or all of the resorts have them as well. It’s fun to get them from where you stay!

Sorry, I quoted the wrong price! The quarter machines cost the dollar (plus the quarter for squishing!)! Our favorites are the machines that actually press a penny, though. :) We have a tube of pre-1982 pennies that we like to bring with us to us so that they have the higher copper content. The quarters and blank disks are okay to press in a pinch, but those pennies are our favorites!

Sorry, I quoted the wrong price! The quarter machines cost the dollar (plus the quarter for squishing!)! Our favorites are the machines that actually press a penny, though. :) We have a tube of pre-1982 pennies that we like to bring with us to us so that they have the higher copper content. The quarters and blank disks are okay to press in a pinch, but those pennies are our favorites!
Thanks! I was worried that it was going to cost more than I expected! The Easter Bunny left eggs this year with fifty one cents in each so my son could press the pennies on our trip- wanted to be sure I didn't need to bring more quarters!!

We always bring pennies. But there are a few machines that you don't need them. They have options to use a credit card and purchase 1 or the whole set (6-7?) I can't recall. Ones I remember were outside FEA, in a shop in Tommorrowland and HTH lobby possibly. There are more scattered around I just can't remember them. These are the $1 per coin or the whole set for $5. But at least you have the option incase you don't have change.

Thanks! I was worried that it was going to cost more than I expected! The Easter Bunny left eggs this year with fifty one cents in each so my son could press the pennies on our trip- wanted to be sure I didn't need to bring more quarters!!

It depends on how into it you want to get. There are a good amount of the penny machines around. And each one has multiple designs. For example, according to this link (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/coin-presses/) in MK there are 27 machines, Epcot has 23, HS has 18 and AK has 14. Then there are the ones at DS, the resorts and the water parks.
Still at 51 cents each, they are a pretty affordable souvenir. And it is spread out throughout the day and throughout the trip. The last time we did it, I got a few rolls of quarters and we would get one from each machine we saw. Then there are the plastic books to store the coins.

If you want to limit the number of coins, you could set parameters....for example, you can get one for each ride you go on. Or you might want to only get the ones with Goofy on them.

There are some new penny machines that cost more and dispense the penny. I think you can only pay by card for them. To me this takes away all the fun but probably male more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter