How many points do our overseas members have?

How many DVC points do you own?

• Still thinking about purchasing

• 100-199

• 200-299

• 300-399

• 400-499

• 500-599

• 600-699

• 700-799

• 800-899

• 900-999

• 1000-1499

• 1500-2000

Results are only viewable after voting.

rsschneck

<font color="lime">DIS Party Bus Queen </font>
There has been a couple of U.S. threads that wanted to know the number of points DVC members had.

Since the airfare and long flight times might detour some of our European DVC Members from traveling several times a year I was curious if you had smaller contracts and did more banking and borrowing than the U.S. DVC members.

By the way, we have a top twenty list of DVC owners with the highest amount of points. There is one lucky DVC family that has 2000 points!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

If you want you can include the year you purchased and how often you get back to the States to enjoy your DVC Membership. If anyone has traded through the World Passport Collection (European destinations) please report any good or bad information as well.

Thanks

I think you've raised an interesting point about the different ways in which overseas DVC owners may use their points compared to the US members who seem to take frequent short trips.

Although we have been members for only a couple of years, and out habits may well change, currently we (myself, DH and two teenage DDs) tend to visit Florida every 12 to 18 months for two weeks at a time. We usually spend around a week at WDW and a week elsewhere, and fit the type of DVC accommodation to the number of points we have available. This has been studios and a GV so far, but next trip we've booked a 2-bedroom.

So far we haven't traded out, but hope to do so sometime. The down-side of the arrangement with II is that reservations have to be in blocks of 7 nights - we often don't want to stay in one place for that long and would rather move around an area to see more of it.

We started out with 150 VWL points (2001) and added another 25 points to make banking and borrowing a little easier for a trip with extended family last year. If it hadn't been for this flexibility in DVC, I'm sure we wouldn't have joined.

We're still newbies as we only bought our original contract in 2002. We purchased 165 points, which was enough for us to stay for 2 weeks, 2 years out of every 3, in a studio at BCV the times of year we were most likely to go. After our first trip home this year though, we added on another 100 points, so that we can either go every year to a studio OR have 12 nights in a 1-bedroom, for 2 years out of every 3.

We've not traded out yet but it is something that we'd like to do sometime in the future. For us also, if it hadn't been for the flexibility in being able to bank and borrow points etc. we wouldn't have bought in.

We bought in 1994 at OKW 210 pts and have been back 14 times since then. We sometimes stay 10 nights in a 2 bedroom and pay cash for the weekends or spend 5 days and then the weekend at the beach returning to OKW for another 5 days (friends often help with the cash payment for the weekends). We bought another 50pts this last September in the hope we can get away from the cash payments as it is getting very expensive even with the dvc discount.

Purchased 350 SSR points this year.

Mainly fo Disney, but also for exchange program where 160 points per week are currently needed. Not sure how good it will be for that, but it can only get better.

As Tim said, exchange rates good, SSR looks wonderful and going back for Christmas next year in a 1 bed for 10 days. Cannot wait.

I first bought 150 at the BWV in March of 2000. A year later I added on another 75 points. When points became available at BWV this year I added on another 100. I now have a total of 325. Which should be just fine for myself and the DW

Bought 210 at BWV about 3 years ago, then followed it up with a 40 point add-on when some spare cash became available later that same year.

Finally added another 70 points earlier this year when they created the new inventory at the Boardwalk, giving us 320 in total - probably enough for the forseeable future.

Typically we go for a 12 night stay that includes a single Fri & Sat in the middle. This way we can get a one-bedroom/standard view at BWV each year during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot - our favourite time to visit.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter