Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 - 600

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 601+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

macman123

DIS Veteran
This is different to last week poll. Last weeks was how many points on average do you hold.

I am interested to see how many people hold per contract on average.

What are you really trying to determine?

IMO, you'd probably get a better idea if you just posted a poll that allowed posters to select multiple options. Not seeing what an average could tell you when those of us with a master contract and one or more 25 point add-ons post our average contract size. Also, what does an average really tell you if the contracts are at different home resorts? A 300 point contact with a 25 point add on at a different home resort is probably used differently than a 300 point contract with a 25 point add-on at the same home resort.

I looked at these options and could not answer it. I have 20+ sub contracts. These range from 25 to 200 points.

I think 100-200 points is a sweet spot for DVC contracts. Sure the 50 points are more valuable from a $/point basis, but are too limited to use.

What are you really trying to determine?

IMO, you'd probably get a better idea if you just posted a poll that allowed posters to select multiple options. Not seeing what an average could tell you when those of us with a master contract and one or more 25 point add-ons post our average contract size. Also, what does an average really tell you if the contracts are at different home resorts? A 300 point contact with a 25 point add on at a different home resort is probably used differently than a 300 point contract with a 25 point add-on at the same home resort.

I did think about that, but even with multiple votes allowed, I have 2 x 200 point contracts and I don't think it would let me vote 200 twice.

My average came out to 82+ points per contract - l have 14 contracts, largest is 160, smallest is 15 (yes, it really is 15...)

My current average is 109, across 5 contracts:
BRV 127 & 168
AKL 120, 80, and 50

If my 100-point SSR passes ROFR, my average becomes 107.5.

My average based on resort is:
BRV 147.5
AKL 83.3
SSR 100

On average I have 288 points per contract.

I bought a few too many SSR points cause they were cheap and it was easy to book elsewhere at 7 months. If I could go back and do it over I would spread my points out at a few more resorts so I didn't have to worry about the 7 month window.

On average I have 288 points per contract.

I bought a few too many SSR points cause they were cheap and it was easy to book elsewhere at 7 months. If I could go back and do it over I would spread my points out at a few more resorts so I didn't have to worry about the 7 month window.

do you think it’s better to have more points on a non monorail resort or have less points at a monorail resort? How easy is the 7 month switch non Christmas, thanksgiving, ect.

do you think it’s better to have more points on a non monorail resort or have less points at a monorail resort? How easy is the 7 month switch non Christmas, thanksgiving, ect.

My preference is for location that I can walk to a park from, so that is BLT, BCV and BWV. I own at BLT and BWV so we always end up doing split stays at both locations, also both of them have the lowest point charts in their areas which is a big plus. I do like VGF so will stay there sometimes if there is availability. Similarly I'll swap over to the BCV sometimes cause I like the pool there. In either case I don't care if I can switch to VGF/BCV because I am already staying some I like, i.e. BLT/BWV.

Everyone has different preferences, There are a ton of AKV /BRV/CCR fans out there, and while they area all beautiful resort, I'm not a fan of them, so they were all 1 and done for me.

RIV seems to be a strong location because of the skyliner access to parks, but it has a high point chart.

7 month availability depends on how many nights you want, what time of year, what size room you want and how many rooms there are in the pool that you are looking for.

Fall is always busy. Summer is the least busiest. Studios always go first, followed by 2 bedrooms with 1 bedrooms going last. SSR is always the last resort to fill.

Provided you can book before the 7 month mark, buy at a resort that you like staying at most of the time that way you won't have to worry if you can't switch.

My preference is for location that I can walk to a park from, so that is BLT, BCV and BWV. I own at BLT and BWV so we always end up doing split stays at both locations, also both of them have the lowest point charts in their areas which is a big plus. I do like VGF so will stay there sometimes if there is availability. Similarly I'll swap over to the BCV sometimes cause I like the pool there. In either case I don't care if I can switch to VGF/BCV because I am already staying some I like, i.e. BLT/BWV.

Everyone has different preferences, There are a ton of AKV /BRV/CCR fans out there, and while they area all beautiful resort, I'm not a fan of them, so they were all 1 and done for me.

RIV seems to be a strong location because of the skyliner access to parks, but it has a high point chart.

7 month availability depends on how many nights you want, what time of year, what size room you want and how many rooms there are in the pool that you are looking for.

Fall is always busy. Summer is the least busiest. Studios always go first, followed by 2 bedrooms with 1 bedrooms going last. SSR is always the last resort to fill.

Provided you can book before the 7 month mark, buy at a resort that you like staying at most of the time that way you won't have to worry if you can't switch.

that’s probably the best response I’ve seen to that type of question, thank you. I guess I’m struggling with if we have “enough” points since we are buying our first contract. You can obviously get more points at ALK but my wife is insistent on only staying at Poly so we are buying poly but losing out on 40 extra points a year We could have gotten for same price. lol since I’m working from home these are the things keeping my brain spinning.

that’s probably the best response I’ve seen to that type of question, thank you. I guess I’m struggling with if we have “enough” points since we are buying our first contract. You can obviously get more points at ALK but my wife is insistent on only staying at Poly so we are buying poly but losing out on 40 extra points a year We could have gotten for same price. lol since I’m working from home these are the things keeping my brain spinning.

If my wife was only wanting to stay at one resort, then I would probably end up buying at that resort. Getting the best deal is not worth it if you aren't enjoying what you bought. That is one lesson I have take a long time to learn and still forget on occasion. Beside there is always your 2nd contract (you've heard of addonis) and maybe that will be AKV :D

If my wife was only wanting to stay at one resort, then I would probably end up buying at that resort. Getting the best deal is not worth it if you aren't enjoying what you bought. That is one lesson I have take a long time to learn and still forget on occasion. Beside there is always your 2nd contract (you've heard of addonis) and maybe that will be AKV :D
This is rough. I like walking to the parks too and have my favorite resorts I know I would love. But we also like trying different resorts. First I had planned on a smaller BCV and Poly contract, but we only go once per year and the current banking and borrowing restrictions have made me pause and consider a large SSR contract. But not sure how I feel waiting until 7 months out. I think I would like any deluxe resort though. We generally stay during the summer.

I have 30, 70, and 214, so although I average just under 105 points none of my contracts is near this amount so I'm not sure how helpful that is. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!