How many room splits are too many?

When you guys do split stays (based on north/south resorts), do you do MK + EP for the north resort since you have monorail access to both parks, then HS + AK (and maybe some EP, too) for a southern resort?

The reason why I ask is I have a hard time imagining that we'd be in MK exclusively for half our vacation, aside from some resort pool-only days?

Thanks for the clarification!

How many room splits are too many?
As a park it in one place kind of traveler I pick 2.
Unless of course you are splitting for staying at WDW and UOR; 3 would be to many.
:)
G'day
III

Last edited:
We discovered over thanksgiving that we hate split stays. In the future we will stay anywhere to avoid them.

Yeah, I'm thinking we will hate them as well, as much as I want to love it. I'm kind of high strung, so the added task, no matter how little or easy, can just add that extra that I would probably do better without. We shall see!

Yeah, I'm thinking we will hate them as well, as much as I want to love it. I'm kind of high strung, so the added task, no matter how little or easy, can just add that extra that I would probably do better without. We shall see!

We could have avoided it by staying at SSR but we are newbies to dvc and liked the idea of trying different resorts. Unlike the week we stayed at kidani over the summer where we settled in and really relaxed, over thanksgiving, I was always aware that we were moving in a couple of days. Kind of like a paper hanging over your head in college. Lol. Should we buy this milk? Will we drink it in time? By the last resort, I didn’t even unpack the suitcases I was so tired of doing it. I just pulled out a couple of outfits for everyone and put them in two drawers. Our last resort was BCV and at that point the toy boats we had brought to play with in storm along bay were in the back of our car mixed in with the chaos that our suitcases had become and I had to tell the kids, just forget the boats. Of course at our first two resorts everything had been taken out of the suitcases and organized neatly. I think if it is just one or two people, I would have a different opinion. But with three kids— no thanks. We still had a great trip of course, so if it is your only option take it! But approach it a bit differently. Definitely pack less than you normally would.

One thing I did when we do split stays..unless I am by myself...is to pack the suitcases for each stay. I even go to the dollar store to buy some cheap toothbrushes, scrubbies, etc for each resort so I can just toss out,

This way, we unpack suitcase #1 only and as we use clothes, we put them back into the empty suitcase. So, on the morning that we have to move, it’s pretty easy as the only thing left out by that part are special types of things like make up, etc.

When we get to the next resort, we take out and unpack the second suitcase!

Also advocate 1 move only. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the other resorts later. If you can still get akv I’d grab it.

So we did cut back to just the one split. But we’re doing Dec 31- Jan 1 in a 1 br at Boulder Ridge and Jan 2-5 in a studio savanna view at Kedani.

We’ve moved twice. Last year we did a late June/early July trip for a birthday. We booked 5 nights in a Poly studio. My friend had the idea to go a day earlier and stay Poly club level on cash, that way we would get 2 days club. We had planned to go home on July 4th. Then we had the idea to stay another night to see Epcot’s July 4th fireworks, so we booked Yacht Club on cash.

One year, we decided to do 4 resorts in 14 days, lets just say it was more stress than we had intended, and magic band changes and charges and just too much to pack and move etc etc and I wish we had just stuck with 2. I'm sure if the DH could, he would have left me in the lobby of the 4th resort and headed home after the 4th lot of magic band malfunctions :) Lucky for me, its a LONNNGGGGGG way home.

Now that we have a few wdw holidays under our belts, and have stayed at most dvc resorts, we are staying 20 nights in a studio at our home, BLT. No moves, no drama and staying at our fav resort...we even love it more than a club level GF room, a 1 bedder at BWV, BC or AKL....we do love our tinsy tiny perfectly formed BLT studio.:tigger::eeyore:

I think its great to do once, just to check out other resorts, but maybe not to do every trip. But as always YMMV.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!