How many times do you change your WDW vacation?

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
DH and I planned a non Disney summer vacation, 3 week road trip.
During Christmas his DS told us he is getting married Aug 18th 2018 right in the middle of our road trip. He told us he was getting married at the beach and went into great detail on how important that the date stuck.
No big deal, move our WDW Christmas 2018 trip to Aug 21-sep 2, road trip next year with a DCL Alaska cruise in May or June - road trip has to be Aug due to the facts we can both take 3 1/2 weeks off in the month of Aug. I really want to do DCL Alaska in July, weather and more glaciers.
Today his son informed us his dates has moved and now 8/8/18 is the date and it’s not at the beach - Arg!
Now I want to call WDW, move our date back to Christmas, stay less days but at CR or maybe GF
Road trip back to Aug 11 - Sep 3 2018
Am I gonna drive the WDW reservation line crazy ????!
Help! I need it lol

People change all the time. It is hard to have final plans when booking so far in advance. Life happens...things change. I don't often change dates, but have changed resorts or room categories many times.

I never change. We are DVC, we book 11 months in advance and I have never made a date change. We have gone every y ear for the past 12 years this way.

My first two trips I never changed anything. Last trip I was booked at Poly and then changed it to do a split with BC. This trip I'm not changing anything. We rented DVC points and are doing POFQ the two nights before our week at BWV.

I know I'm not the norm for here and tons of people on these boards change their plans often. People I actually know that go to WDW and stay onsite don't change their plans at all. But they also don't book a year ahead. More like 8-6 months ahead.

I have changed dates/resorts a ton of times. They’re used to dealing with this stuff. And if you need to change it again, that’s okay, too!
Don’t worry!
Congrats on the wedding & the trip!

As to time and place, never. We go during Food&Wine and stay at Board Walk on rented DVC points so we pretty much have to reserve 11 months out in order to get a room, they go fast. As to other details, all the time. For our last Nov. trip I made, cancelled and re-booked rental cars at least 3 times, same with a sleep 'n fly hotel room. I've got a Dollar car for 10 plus days this Oct for $345, I fully expect to do better than that by and by. We buy APs which cover 2 separate trips, a year apart so our 2018 stay was determined by when we went in 2017 so that 2018 gets in before the APs expire. I could predict within a few days when we'll be going in 2019 and 2020.

Bill From PA

I only switched resorts once...on this upcoming trip because while I'd like to stay at CBR at some point, I didn't want to stay there in a construction zone (with my inlaws who haven't been to WDW since Animal Kingdom opened) and moved the reservation to POFQ. Our dates were pretty inflexible due to the fact we cashed in flyer miles, so once those flights were booked it was set in stone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter